19th August 2015, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exams to study PhD in English in India? Syllabus and requirements to apply?

Sir,
I am Sudharani Ashok. I want to apply for PhD in the subject of English. I want to know about the entrance exams for doing this PhD in India? Also tell me the syllabus of entrance exams and requirements for applying. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  2. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  3. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?
  4. Date of entrance exam for Ph.D in English? Syllabus for the same?
  5. Entrance exams for PhD in Life Science? Syllabus for it?
  6. Possibility to study PhD in English for a candidate who has secured 51% in M.A.?
  7. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Detailed information and requirements to study PhD in Nursing for M.Sc postgraduate?
  9. Colleges offering PhD in Social Work in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  10. From where I should study PhD in English if completed M.A. from IGNOU?
  11. Can I apply to study PhD in Management being a MBA(Finance) postgraduate? Requirements to apply?
  12. Can I do M.Tech in Robotics engineering after completing B.Tech in Manufacturing engineering?
  13. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  14. Entrance exams to do PhD in Political Science
  15. Am I exempted to attend entrance exam for study PhD if completed M.Phil in English Language? Where should I pursue PhD?
  16. How can I change my institute? I am doing first year BBA
  17. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  18. What are the various entrance exams available to apply for Ph.D in Pharm Chemistry?
9th September 2015, 08:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams to study PhD in English in India? Syllabus and requirements to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am Sudharani Ashok. I want to apply for PhD in the subject of English. I want to know about the entrance exams for doing this PhD in India? Also tell me the syllabus of entrance exams and requirements for applying. Thank you!
You can do Ph.D course but you should qualify for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?