29th September 2015, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give GRE and TOEFL exam if I have scored only 58% marks in 12th?

I am a student studying in 2nd year mechanical engineering BE, I scored 58.50 % in hsc and what is the percentage required in BE and HSC? Am I eligible for GRE and toffel? Can you please let me know the right information on the same?

Related Questions:
  1. Which all exams are necessary to do MS in USA?
  2. What shall I do to MS from abroad in CS stream?
  3. In which entrance exam should I appear between GRE and TOEFL to study MS?
  4. Minimum marks required in GRE and TOEFL exam?
  5. In which MS/MBA universities can I get after scoring 108 marks in TOEFL and 700 in GRE?
  6. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  7. Am I eligible to pursue MS in CS from top universities of USA having secured 74% in 10th, 63% in 12th and an average of 8.5 in B.Tech? Required Marks in GRE and TOEFL Exams for this?
  8. What is the requirement to get a job in US? I have scored 7.4 CGPA in 10th and 65.4% in 12th
  9. Is it necessary to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in US? List of universities which offer admission through TOEFL and GRE?
  10. Whether it is possible to get admission without GRE or TOEFL?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in GRE and TOEFL if secured 57.8% in B.E.(Mechanical Engineering)?
  12. Eligibility to appear in GRE and TOEFL for a candidate secured 90%, 92% and 58% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech respectively?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for GRE and TOEFL exam with 54% marks in B.Com?
  14. Can I get admission to study MS program in Massachusetts Institute of Technology if scored 57 marks in TOEFL and 34 marks in GRE?
  15. Am I eligible for GRE and TOEFL exam with 59.8% marks in B.Tech ECE?
  16. How to get into top institutes abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Universities in Canada offering M.S. with scholarship for a candidate who have scored 1300 marks in GRE and 105 marks in TOEFL but 55% till 7th semester of B.E.(CSE)?
  18. Am I eligible to give GRE exam if I have scored 59% marks in intermediate?
29th September 2015, 05:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give GRE and TOEFL exam if I have scored only 58% marks in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student studying in 2nd year mechanical engineering BE, I scored 58.50 % in hsc and what is the percentage required in BE and HSC? Am I eligible for GRE and toffel? Can you please let me know the right information on the same?
Yes, you are eligible for GRE and TOEFL entrance exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination is open for all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as Foreign Language. This exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English.
29th September 2015, 06:52 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give GRE and TOEFL exam if I have scored only 58% marks in 12th?

There is no particular percentage required to be eligible to appear for the GRE Examination.
You can appear in the GRE Examination with the marks that you have currently.
You must make sure you have Good Domain Knowledge and also try and score as much marks as you can in your BE as it will be beneficial for the future.
As of now you are eligible to appear for GRE.
29th September 2015, 08:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to appear in GRE and TOEFL examination being a B.E 2nd year candidate. There is no specific eligibility criteria required to appear in GRE and TOEFL examination. Anyone irrespective of age, educational qualification, etc. are eligible to appear in GRE and TOEFL examination. However, the candidate who wish to get admission through GRE score must have to satisfy the specified eligibility criteria required for pursuing that particular course. Since, you are pursuing B.E 2nd year, you are eligible to appear in GRE and TOEFL examination.
29th September 2015, 09:42 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to worry concerning the eligibility to appear for GRE and TOEFL. This is because there is no percentage bar as such for appearing in GRE and TOEFL. Students with any percentage can appear in it. However, you need to score high marks in GRE and TOEFL. This is because the foreign institutes will consider your scores in entrance exams as well as your academic background for selection during admission process. Hence you need to score high marks to cope up with the low performance in your 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?