15th July 2015, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GRE and TOEFL exam with 59.8% marks in B.Tech ECE?

I got 59.8 % in btec of e.c.e department so, is I am eligible for GRE & toefel exams to do m.s in u.s.a? Can someone please let me know the minimum criteria they will ask for? What should be the procedure which I need to follow up for the same?

15th July 2015, 04:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GRE and TOEFL exam with 59.8% marks in B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 59.8 % in btec of e.c.e department so, is I am eligible for GRE & toefel exams to do m.s in u.s.a? Can someone please let me know the minimum criteria they will ask for? What should be the procedure which I need to follow up for the same?
GRE - Graduate Record Examination

The GRE exam is conducted for candidates to get admission into graduate level, post graduate level as well as doctoral programs. To apply for the GRE exam there is no specific eligibility needed.

To apply for the GRE exam there are many modes such as you can apply via the official website. There are options for registering for the exam via telephone just 3 days before the commencement of exam. One can also apply via fax as well.

The exam is a written test and all the other sections will be of objective type. The duration for the exam is 4 hours. The test comprises of 4 sections such as:
  • Analytical writing skills
  • Verbal reasoning
  • Critical thinking
  • Quantitative reasoning

The eligibility for TOEFL are:

# Candidate should have registered in a country where TOEFL is recognized abd valid.

# The educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a under graduate degree or a post graduate degree.

# Candidate should have scored at least 80%.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the TOEFL exam.
15th July 2015, 05:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GRE and TOEFL exam with 59.8% marks in B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed B.Tech so you are eligible for GRE and TOEFL exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as Foreign Language. This exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English.

List of the coaching center for GRE/TOEFL entrance exam in India:-

Career Launcher
21 A/2, No.33, Near Basanti Devi College, R.B Avenue, Hindusthan Road, Gariahat
Kolkata, West Bengal
033 4006 7777

Jamboree Education Pvt Ltd
7/1C Hazra Road,Opposite - Paramount Nursing Home Pvt. Ltd.
Hazra, Kalighat, Kolkata, West Bengal
033 4005 2233

George Edcare
31-A
Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rd, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal
033 2474 2323

EduAims
3rd Floor, 52 E Ballygunge Circular Road,
Kolkata, West Bengal
090380 07115

Diksha Learning Services Pvt. Ltd.
15/1
Hindustan Park, Gariahat, Kolkata, West Bengal
033 4065 8338

Jamboree Education
Address: Plot No: C-56/28, First Floor, Near Samsung, Opposite to Union Bank of India, Sector 62
Noida, Uttar Pradesh

Achievers Point
Address: C-22, Sector 2, C Block, Beside Nirulas Hotel
Noida, Uttar Pradesh

Career Launcher
Address: C 30/3, Opp Indian Oil Apartments, Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh

The Wesley Group
Address: C1A Sector 27, Noida, Uttar Pradesh

CGS Coaching Center
Address: No. 88, Ist Floor, Kingsway Camp, Delhi

Square Education Pvt. Ltd
Address: 101A, Ashok Estate Building, Barakhamba Road, Delhi

Dhirati Coaching Center
Address: 29/4 A, Ashok Nagar, Tilak Nagar, Delhi

Mahavir Jain Academy
Address: J-32, 3rd Floor, Ramesh Nagar, Delhi

Prudence Academy
Address: U 70, 3rd Floor, Shakurpur, Delhi
15th July 2015, 05:42 PM
vickyhansi

GRE exam stands for Graduate Record Exam which is conducted to get admission in abroad.

You are eligible for GRE exam after getting 59.5% marks in B.Tech ECE.

TOEFL exam stands for Test of English Foreign Language to check your English language proficiency.

There is no special eligibility criteria for GRE and TOEFL exam.
15th July 2015, 05:53 PM
Mohit.Bansal

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination which is conducted by ETS(Educational Testing Service). Both GRE and TOEFL plays crucial role to get admission in foreign university.

Every year there is new cut off list for admission in foreign universities. Each university has its own cut off list.

The minimum requirement for seeking in admission in masters course is graduation degree.

Most of the universities made it mandatory that a candidate must have completed 16 years of education to get admission in science and engineering streams.

you have to do hard work to complete your study. There are lots of opportunities to get Job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?