17th November 2015, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

How much aggregate percentage is needed in 12th for studying English Honours?

Dear sir/mam,

I have just finished my 12th board exam in pcm stream and awaiting my results. I want to know that how much percentage is required to get admission in a good college in new delhi for B.A. in english honours. Please reply as early as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for English Honours if scored 64 marks in English of 12th PCM? List of courses with good colleges if secured 54% in 12th PCM? Should I apply for BBA instead of English Honours?
  2. Any defense quota in Arts steam in Jadavpur University?
  3. Can i do MBA after English Honours without studying mathematics in 12th? -- [New]
  4. Reputed colleges with fee expenses which offer B.A.(English) Honours in India? Scope and percentage required in 12th to get admission?
  5. Chances to study English Honours in St.Xavier's College for a candidate who has scored 92 marks in English and secured 70.4% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE?
  6. Cutoff percentage required in 12th to study B.A.(English)? List of reputed colleges in Delhi?
  7. How much percentage is needed in MBBS in 12th standard? How much marks are needed?
  8. Can I Economics honours if don't have Maths in 12th class? Percentage required for SC category?
  9. Can I get English Honours in St. Xavier's College if scored 82 marks in English and 63% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE?
  10. How can I calculate aggregate percentage to study Chemistry Honours in Delhi University? Cutoff marks required in entrance exam to get admission? List of reputed colleges offering Chemistry Honours under Delhi University?
  11. How can i become a English Lecturer after studying English Honours?
  12. Can I get admission in DU if secured 69% in 12th BSEB?
  13. Percentage needed in 12th boards for admission in NIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible for Bank PO exam with 55%?
  15. What are the job opportunities available after completing graduation with English Honors?
  16. Admission in English honours at St. Xaviers College, Kolkata?
  17. Admission to English Honours at St.Xaviers College, Kolkata
  18. Percentage needed in 12th for the entrance in BAMS? Eligibility criteria for it?
17th November 2015, 06:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much aggregate percentage is needed in 12th for studying English Honours?

Actually , your result should be good so that you can get good college.

In Delhi, the merit goes very high hence you must have to score above 60-70% and above.
Moreover, it depends upon merit that which College you get.
17th November 2015, 06:52 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much aggregate percentage is needed in 12th for studying English Honours?

Candidate must have secured more than 85% marks in 12th in order to get admission in B.A. ( English Honours ) course in top colleges of Delhi.

Eligibility for B.A. English Honours :
  • Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in 12th class from any recognised board.
  • Candidate must have studied English as one of the main subject in 12th class.
  • Age of candidate must be from 17 to 21 years.
  • Course duration is 3 years.
17th November 2015, 09:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in B.A (English Honours) course in top colleges of Delhi, you must have to score more than 70% aggregate marks in your 12th standard from a recognised board. Most of the Colleges/Universities offers direct admission in B.A course on the basis of 12th standard board examination marks but, some top Colleges/Universities offers admissions in B.A course by conducting an entrance examination. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in B.A (English Honours) course.
17th November 2015, 09:33 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

To pursue English honours course in graduation the candidate must have passed class 12 examination in any stream and should have secured a minimum of 70% marks in English subject.

To get a seat in any of the reputed university, one must have secured at least 60% and above marks in class 12 examination.
18th November 2015, 12:04 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir/mam,

I have just finished my 12th board exam in pcm stream and awaiting my results. I want to know that how much percentage is required to get admission in a good college in new delhi for B.A. in english honours. Please reply as early as possible.
Well, you must score at least 50% of marks in 12th standard to be eligible for BA English Hons. Those students who score more marks in English subject can get first preference at the admission.

- The +2 level examinations in the 10+2 pattern of examination from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary are eligible to apply.

- The candidate must studied English as a main subject at 12th standard level.

- The candidate must score more than 50% of mars in the 12th board exam.
19th November 2015, 09:47 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Eligibility required for BA Honours in English:-

Candidates must have completed class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Board.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in class 12th.
Candidates must have studied English as one of the main subject in class 12th.
Age of the candidate must be in between 17-21 years.

So, you need to score more than 50% of marks in order to get admission in good Colleges.
28th April 2017, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Any top english honours college which accepts students on basic of THEIR entrance exam. "if yes please reply so I can fill up in this year as soon as possible.
6th June 2017, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

What should be my overall percentage in class 12 so that i can take admission in BHU with English honours?
9th June 2018, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

I have got 56% in all aggregate and 70% in English. Can I get any moderate college at Kolkata for English hons?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?