19th January 2016, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to write IPS exam having 2 years of gap in academics?

Hello,my name is Rajtilak Singh,Age 24.My subject is Account hons. But I have dropped my graduation for 2 years due to personal reason. Now I have completed my graduation and want to appear in Ips examination. Can I?

Related Questions:
  1. If I have 3 years gap in between BSc and MCA and have done B.Ed course between the gap then can I mention it in my resume?
  2. List of MNC's accepting academic gap of more than 2 years?
  3. What does gap in academics mean? Is it between 10th and 12th or during engineering?
  4. Should I mention the 3 years gap in my resume?
  5. Should I mention the 3 year gap of academic in resume during which I did B.Ed course?
  6. For which company am I eligible for if I have 3 years gap in academics and good marks in MSc Software Engineering Degree?
  7. Can academic gap of 5 years effect the chances of getting admission in Symbiosis institute?
  8. How can I prepare to crack IPS Preliminary exam?
  9. Can I sit for wipro, infosys, TCS and other campus placement having secured 61% in 10th,70% in 12th,65% in B.TECH and also having 2 years gap in my academics?
  10. Whether 2 years gap in academics will create any issue if cleared HCL and IBM interviews?
  11. Can I get job in IBM if having 5 years of gap in overall academics being a B.Tech student?
  12. Can I apply for jobs in Wipro and TCS even if I have finished my B.Sc degree in 4 years?
  13. How can I get admission in MBA colleges through CAT as I am having 5 years gap between my 10th and 12th?
  14. What is the qualification to write IAS or IPS entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is it necessary to have gap in knees for IPS examination? Is there any relaxation for category students?
  16. How can i write IPS exam after passing B.Tech?
  17. Can I get a job in IT company even after having 2 year academic gap?
  18. Can I get a job in reputed organizations through placement drives if I have 3 years gap?
19th January 2016, 09:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to write IPS exam having 2 years of gap in academics?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IPS examination even if you have 2 years gap in your academics. To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in any discipline stream from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
3. Personal Interview

No. of Attempts :-
General :- 4 times
OBC :- 7 times
SC/ST :- No Limit
20th January 2016, 12:03 AM
kantraman

Default Re: Is it possible to write IPS exam having 2 years of gap in academics?

Yes it is possible for you to write IAS exam after two years gap in graduation,as graduation is compulsory for IAS exam during the time when you are going to appear in IAS exam.
20th January 2016, 12:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to write Indian Police Service Exam even after having 2 years gap in academics. If you have successfully meet the required eligibility criteria, then I am sure you are certainly eligible for appearing in IPS Examination. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for joining IPS is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The main criteria required for appearing in IPS is meeting Educational qualification criteria and age criteria. Even though you have gaps in academics, if you successfully meet the required age criteria then I am sure you are certainly eligible to join IPS. The minimum age required to join IPS is "21 years" and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years and there will be an age relaxation of
> 5 years for SC/ ST Candidates
> 3 years for OBC Candidates
> No Relaxation for General Candidates
as per the government norms. Since you have successfully passed Graduation finally, I am sure you are eligible to appear in IPS Recruitment Examination.
20th January 2016, 03:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are a graduate then surely you are eligible for IPS exam which is also known as civil services exam conducted by UPSC. In the end your degree is what that matters and your gap will not affect until you have a valid reason.

There is an age limit of 21 to 32 years for this exam. Along with degree just make sure that you have the age as well as citizenship of India.
20th January 2016, 05:16 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services examination as you have completed your graduation. The eligibility criteria for examination is that candidates must have completed bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for examination.

The age limit for examination is 21-32 years and three years age relaxation applicable to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates in upper age limit.

There are six attempts for general category candidates, nine for OBC candidates, no limit for SC/ST candidates till upper age limit. The notification for 2016 Civil Services examination will come on 23rd April, 2016. After which you can apply for exam at official website of UPSC that is www.upsconline.nic.in.
20th January 2016, 05:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,my name is Rajtilak Singh,Age 24.My subject is Account hons. But I have dropped my graduation for 2 years due to personal reason. Now I have completed my graduation and want to appear in Ips examination. Can I?
Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For ST/SC category:- Unlimited

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
20th January 2016, 08:53 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, as you have completed your graduation course you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC and the eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recongised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, now you are eligible to appear for examination but you need to qualify in all three stages Preliminary, Mains and Interview stages for final selection as an I.P.S Officer.

The application form for 2016 Civil Services examination is likely to be available from April last week.

The gap year is not any issue to appear for examination or for final selection in job. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th January 2016, 10:15 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam (CSE) every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officers and different post. You want to appear for this exam. You have 2 years drop in graduation.

>>There is no any issue for the drop year in the graduation course for CSE exam. If you fulfill the eligibility criteria then you are eligible for the exam.

>>Educational qualification: Student must possess a graduation degree from a recognized university.

>>Age Limit: 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit will be given to reserved candidates.

>>I hope you fulfill both the above criteria. So you are definitely eligible for the CSE exam. In my opinion you have to fill the application form whose notification is published in the month of May every year and start your preparation.
20th January 2016, 11:36 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is no gap year problem in appearing for civil services examination. So, if you have completed the graduation degree, you are eligible to appear for examination.

There is no special examination for I.P.S, so if you are interested in getting the job of I.P.S Officer, you have to qualify in Civil Services examination.

Candidates passed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination if there age limit is between 21-32 years.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?