29th May 2016, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Which exam to write for job in Tax Department? What is step by step process for the same?

I completed my graduation (B.TECH in EEE) in 2013. I am 22 years old now, and I want to write SSC exam for job in Tax department. So, which exam i have to write and what is the step by step processes?

30th May 2016, 09:26 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam to write for job in Tax Department? What is step by step process for the same?

Procedure to get a job in Tax department :

The process is through two options

<> Civil Services

<> Staff Selection Commission

To be eligible or these two exams you need to have minimum graduation from the recognized university.

There is No percentage requirement. But the selection process will vary from type of examination.

Age should be in between 21 to 27 years for SSC Examination and 21 to 32 years for civil service examination.

Final year candidates can also eligible to apply for both Exams.
30th May 2016, 09:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam to write for job in Tax Department? What is step by step process for the same?

There are various entrance examinations through which you can join Tax Department. One is Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination. Candidates with bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for this exam. The minimum age limit is 18 years to apply for this exam.

You can apply for this exam at official website of SSC that is http://www.ssconline.nic.in. The important dates for this year exam is already over.

Second exam is Civil Services exam through which you can join Tax Department by joining Indian Revenue Services. Graduation is minimum qualification for this exam and age limit is 21-32 years with upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
30th May 2016, 10:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get job in Income tax department. To get the job you have to appear and qualify in CGL examination conducted by SSC every year.

CGL examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages for final recruitment for the job.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and age limit must be between 19-27 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
31st May 2016, 07:16 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The name of entrance examination by which candidates get job in Tax Department is Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination. SSC CGL has following eligibility criteria:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for SSC CGL exam.

2. The age limit for Tax Department in SSC CGL is 18-27 years and for Inspector is 20-30 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates have upper age relaxation.

You will have to write SSC CGL exam and two tiers and interview.
31st May 2016, 08:20 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for recruitment in Income tax department. For recruitment in Income tax department you have to appear and qualify in Combined Graduate Level examination.

CGL examination is conducted by SSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 19-27 years relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. The three stages of examination is Tier I, Tier II and Interview. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?