22nd March 2016, 07:33 AM
Unregistered

Which exams should i write to get job in Income Tax Department after Graduation?

I have just completed my graduation degree. And now i am looking forward to get a government job in income tax department. So tell me which exams should i write to get job there?

22nd March 2016, 04:00 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exams should i write to get job in Income Tax Department after Graduation?

Anyone who wishes to get job in Income Tax Department after Graduation
has to appear in the SSC CGL exam .

SSC (Staff Selection Commission) conducts Income Tax Officer (ITO) exam every year.Notification for SSC exam is generally published in the month of April every year and exam is conducted in the month of November .

Eligibility criteria to apply for the exam are as under :-

-The candidate must possess any degree from a recognized university of India.

-The candidate age should be in between 18 years to 27 years as on the 1st July of the year of examination.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD.

Physical Requirements:

Height :157.5 cm

Chest :81 cm ,with expansion of at least 5 cm .

Selection procedure consists of

Preliminary Examination ,

Main Examination , and

Personality Interview .

Candidates can apply either online or offline. The application forms are available on the Official website of SSC : www.ssconline.nic.in
22nd March 2016, 10:10 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exams should i write to get job in Income Tax Department after Graduation?

After graduation, you should opt for SSC CGL examination, only after scoring well in this exam you could be eligible to avail a job in Income Tax department.
22nd March 2016, 10:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For getting job in income tax department your beat option is SSC CGL which is conducted for graduates. If you have degree in any discipline then you can apply for this exam. This exam is conducted for Group B and C category jobs.

For Group A or officer level jobs in Income tax department you can apply for civil services exam which also need degree qualification.
22nd March 2016, 11:46 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidate have to appear in SSC-CGL exam in order to apply for job in Income Tax Department after graduation.
Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
There is no minimum percentage criteria.
Age of candidate must be from 18 to 27 years to apply for Income tax department. relaxation is also there as per government norms.
22nd March 2016, 11:50 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

After graduation degree you have to appear and qualify in CGL examination. CGL examination conducted by SSC.

CGL examination is conducted in three stages. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recongised university and age must have age between 18-27 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you need to appear and examination and after qualifying in examination become eligible for recruitment. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ssc.nic.in.
23rd March 2016, 12:34 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just completed my graduation degree. And now i am looking forward to get a government job in income tax department. So tell me which exams should i write to get job there?
The aspirant can appear for the following examinations;

1. The aspirant can appear for Civil Services Examination – Indian Revenue Services (IRS) conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for the examination is any graduation degree from a recognized university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category candidates, for OBC +3 years and for SC/ST +5 years. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview for the selection. The UPSC Official website link is Click Here.

2. The aspirant can appear for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The eligibility to attend the examination is a pass in any degree from a recognized university. The age limit is 18 to 27 years for general category, for OBC +3 years and for SC/ST +5 years. The Official website link is Click Here.
23rd March 2016, 12:38 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidate have to appear and qualify in CGL examination. CGL stands for Combined Graduate Level examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recongised university.

Candidate age must be between 18-27 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you need to appear and qualify in entrance examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
8th April 2016, 08:29 PM
barunk198

After completion of your graduatiin degree yiu can visit at www.ssc.in/cgl /incom tax officer exam or income tax of india department also take exam for their tax apprentice & officers from different state. So you can also visit incomtaxofindia.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?