30th June 2016, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT after completion of masters degree?

I am doing my final year bsc in physics.can i do my phd in iit college after completing my master degree? What would be the criteria which I need to follow? Can you please provide me the complete details on this? Awaiting for the response.

30th June 2016, 06:43 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT after completion of masters degree?

Eligibility to do Ph.D in IIT after completion of Master Degree :-

You have completed Master Degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course in IIT. But you must have valid CSIR NET exam.Those candidates who have completed master degree from a recognised universities are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC Candidate should hold 55% and above marks in master degree. For SC and ST candidates 50% and above in master degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
30th June 2016, 09:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT after completion of masters degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my final year bsc in physics.can i do my phd in iit college after completing my master degree? What would be the criteria which I need to follow? Can you please provide me the complete details on this? Awaiting for the response.
After completion M.Sc in Physics, you can do Ph.D course in IIT.

But you should qualify in CSIR NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?