12th October 2016, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Com?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Com? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for the course? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Thanks!

12th October 2016, 02:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Com?

PhD stands for Doctor of Philosophy. The eligibility criteria for this course is:

1. You must have done master's degree from a recognized university approved by University Grants Commission. Final year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for this course.

2. Most of university accept application of candidates who have obtained at least 60% marks in master's degree.

After master's degree in commerce, you are eligible for Doctor of Philosophy.
12th October 2016, 04:14 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

If you have completed your M.COM with minimum of 55% marks then you are eligible for doing PhD. For getting admission in top institutions for PhD you have to give NET exam which is conducted by UGC. This exam will be held on 22nd January, 2017. Application process will be starts from 15th October, 2016 and last date of applying is November, 2016. You must go to the official website of CBSE for applying. Thanks
12th October 2016, 06:25 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for the Ph.D course after completing Master's degree in Commerce.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for the Ph.D course :-

The candidate should have passed Master's degree in any stream with minimum 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates from a recognized university.

Admission to the Ph.D course is carried out on the basis of the entrance exams in some universities and in some other universities without the entrance exam.
12th October 2016, 08:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got 55% marks in your M.Com degree, then you can surely apply for Ph.D admission without any doubt. If you belong to reserved category, then 50% marks will be enough.
Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. Hence, make sure that you apply when there is an admission notification.
12th October 2016, 08:57 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D after the completion of M.Com.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Commerce from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for Ph.D course in Commerce.
12th October 2016, 11:24 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Ph.D is a doctorate degree. To apply Pd.D, you must have qualified master degree from any well recognized university. Also, you must have at least 55% marks in your master's to apply Ph.D in any well recognized university. As you had completed M.Com which is a master degree, so you are eligible to apply for Ph.D. You can apply for Research entrance test to get admission in Ph.D. Some of good universities for pursuing doctorate courses are IGNOU, Delhi university, KUK etc.
13th October 2016, 12:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Com? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for the course? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Thanks!
Yes, after completion of M.Com course, you can do Ph.D degree.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
13th October 2016, 01:03 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible for admission in PhD course after completion of M.Com, there is no such problem in it. You should however, have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate and will also have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the University or by the state itself. Once after clearing the examination, you will very much be eligible to avail the post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?