22nd August 2016, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Whether I can get an interest free education loan if total income from agriculture is 90 thousand? Can I get deduction at the time of repayment of loan?

Hello sir, I want to study MBBS course but I don't have sufficient money. My father is a farmer and his total income from agriculture is 90 thousand. Can I claim for an education loan without interest rate? Can I get deduction at the time of repayment of loan?

Related Questions:
  1. How to extend repayment time of education loan without interest?
  2. Can I get an education loan if my income is 57 thousand? Which bank can grant the loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Possibility to claim Income Tax Deduction if pay interest at the beginning against Education Loan?
  4. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Government provides deduction in whole loan amount along with the interest to handicapped students?
  6. Procedure and documents required to apply for education loan? What will be the interest rate and what kind of EMI will be deducted?
  7. What should I do for repayment of an education loan if all documents are stolen?
  8. Detailed information about margin and repayment in education loan scheme?
  9. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  10. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
  11. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  12. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank?
  13. Can I get deduction in Bank Education Loan to study MBA if my father is a Government serviceman?
  14. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  15. How to apply for an education loan at Punjab National Bank? Can I get deduction on interest rate being a son of Government servant?
  16. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount? -- [New]
  17. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  18. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
22nd August 2016, 11:57 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I can get an interest free education loan if total income from agriculture is 90 thousand? Can I get deduction at the time of repayment of loan?

I am extremely sorry to state that there is no interest free education loan offered by the banks irrespective of the factor whether they are public sector banks or private sector banks. You need to pay the interest to the bank for your education loan. However, since your father's income is less than 1 lakh so you can definitely get some subsidy in the interest of your education loan. For subsidy you need to consult with the branch manager of the concerned bank from which you are seeking education loan as different banks have different criteria of subsidy.
23rd August 2016, 08:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I can get an interest free education loan if total income from agriculture is 90 thousand? Can I get deduction at the time of repayment of loan?

According to central government scheme those who belong to poor families can get interest subsidy with the help of income certificate issued by the tehsildar of your area.

It would make your education loan interest free but make sure you get admission in a government medical college because fee at private medical is very high and it will require collateral security.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?