2nd November 2016, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Income Tax officer after completing B.Sc Mathematics?

Hello Sir, I am a final year B.Sc Mathematics student, I want to become an Income Tax officer so can you tell me the procedure that I should follow to become Income Tax officer.

15th November 2016, 10:43 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Income Tax officer after completing B.Sc Mathematics?

To be an Income Tax Officer basically you have two options which are as here discussed below :-

I) You can first become Income Tax inspector by qualify SSC CGL examination and then by passing departmental examination and promotion.

Apart from your educational qualification, to appear in the same examination you must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 18 years to 27 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

II) You can join Indian Revenue Service ( IRS ) as Income tax officer through Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Here apart from your educational qualification, you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years to appear in the same examination. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

For further details about SSC CGL you can visit the link www.ssc.nic.in where as for Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?