20th April 2016, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to study PhD in English Literature in SVNIT University for a Lecturer?

Hello Sir,
I have completed my M.A. in English Literature with 65%. I have been working as an English Lecturer now I want to start PhD in English Literature from SVNIT University. So will you please tell me the procedure for that? Waiting for your response.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
  2. Admission procedure and course duration of PhD in Delhi University for a Lecturer of Qassim University who has completed Master's in English Literature in University of Sargodha?
  3. Registration procedure to study PhD in English Literature at Pune University?
  4. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  5. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  6. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  7. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
  8. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Delhi University?
  10. Procedure to do PhD in UK for English Literature postgraduate?
  11. Can I study PhD if pursuing Distance M.A. in English Literature?
  12. What is the procedure followed to get admission in Delhi University to do Ph.D if I am a Pakistani?
  13. How can I get admisison to study PhD in English Literature in University of Oxford?
  14. Possibility to study PhD without M.Phil for English Literature postgraduate? List good universities with admission procedure?
  15. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in UK? Procedure to get admission?
  16. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  17. Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam for distance English postgraduate?
  18. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
21st April 2016, 11:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to study PhD in English Literature in SVNIT University for a Lecturer?

You can apply for Ph.D admission when notification is released by the concerned university. If you have at least 5 years of experience as lecturer in the given field then you will be eligible for interview stage directly.

Normally, admission is based on merit through entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. Hence, be prepared for it because only merit can help you get admission.
23rd April 2016, 12:13 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to study PhD in English Literature in SVNIT University for a Lecturer?

To do Ph.D, you first have to appear in the UGC NET examination, qualifying in which you can opt Ph.D in SVNIT University.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree from a recognized University with 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
Once you have qualified in the NET examination, you can pursue Ph.D in SVNIT.
23rd April 2016, 01:34 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I have completed my M.A. in English Literature with 65%. I have been working as an English Lecturer now I want to start PhD in English Literature from SVNIT University. So will you please tell me the procedure for that? Waiting for your response.
PhD courses Offered by the SVNIT University:

PhD courses only in the following subjects; Department of Applied Mechanics, Department of Applied Chemistry, Department of Applied Mathematics & Humanities, Department of Applied Physics, Department of Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.

You can do the PhD in English Literature in some other universities in India like;

- Madras University - Official website
- Amity University - Official website
- Lovely Professional University - Official website
- IGNOU - Official website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?