22nd June 2010, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

After 12th if I dont get IIT college should I drop or take admission in average college?

Good evening sir,
i scored 88% in 12 class this year,but my competitive result is not so good and i'm getin average colge.But wanted to be an iitian.Sir,i want to know whether i shud take drop or shud take admission in average colge?....and sir do droppers have negative point than non-dropers in colge.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I prefer either write IIT JEE/AIEEE with my 12th or drop for 1 am an average student, having 66% marks in 12th. Currently I am studying in 12th
  2. How to get admission in Maths Honors in Venkateshwar College(DU)? Should I go for a drop
  3. Should I take a drop year after 12th or not? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?
  5. Should I drop a year or take admission in a college if I scored less in AIEEE and IIT JEE?
  6. Should I drop B.Com and go for BCA from other private college having no interest in commerce but in computer field?
  7. How to take admission in an average college of DU for B.Com?
  8. Should I drop to take admission in IIT after passing 12th?
  9. What is the average cut off for Commerce student to get admission in BA Psychology?
  10. Is it possible to get admission to IIT college for MTech? -- [New]
  11. Should I drop after 12th if I didn't fare well in the engineering entrance exams or should I join some college and continue my preparations there?
  12. How to take admission in IIT college after passing 12th?
  13. How mch percentage is needed in 12th and TYB.Com to get admission in IIT college in Mumbai?
  14. How to get admission in Roorkee IIT college? I am a 12th class student
  15. How much marks needed to get a high rank in IIT JEE to get admission in IIT Delhi? Does 11th and 12th marks play and important role during out admission in a good IIT college?
  16. Names of the colleges for doing MSc in Maths?
  17. Can i get admission in aeronautical college with 67%?
  18. Should I drop a year for engineering preparation of join some BSc college?
6th September 2011, 07:27 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: After 12th if I dont get IIT college should I drop or take admission in average college?

It's all about your career and you need to decide about it.If your ambitious to get into IIT's then it's better that you drop an year and prepare sincerely for the examination.You need to have an aim,will power and confidence, you can only score well if you have these things in hand.Personally I have seen many students dropping out just to get into NIT's,IIT's and better colleges but there are only a few who could achieve their aim that's because they get deflected to other things during the preparation part.So, you need to be totally dedicated towards your preparation if you want to get into IIT's.

Droppers do and even do not have a negative point based on the performance in the next year.If you drop down one year just for your IIT preparation and think that if you secured a worse rank which you have got this year then definitely you will have a negative point.If you could get a seat in NIT's, IIT's and top colleges then there will be no negative point against you.

So, make a final decision.If you have the confidence and will power then drop down this year and work hard for getting into IIT's.
6th September 2011, 08:45 AM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Default Re: After 12th if I dont get IIT college should I drop or take admission in average college?

The decision to take a drop of 1 year is serious decision

But it is also important for having a good college

so its your decision

if you are strong determined to get IIT then join for a 1 year iit coaching.
6th September 2011, 12:11 PM
SonalSinghal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good evening sir,
i scored 88% in 12 class this year,but my competitive result is not so good and i'm getin average colge.But wanted to be an iitian.Sir,i want to know whether i shud take drop or shud take admission in average colge?....and sir do droppers have negative point than non-dropers in colge.
Buddy there is life other than IIT... So what if you have not made it to the IITs, there are many prestigious universities like UPES Dehradun, which holds the distinction of being Asia's first energy sector university.. You can look out for some really exceptional fields in core sector and let me tell you that placements are top notch and a lot of companies and MNC's hired the students from there.. You can visit www[DOT]upes[DOT]ac[DOT]in and see yourself the truth... I hope that will help you in solving your problem
6th September 2011, 02:42 PM

Dear friend,
If you did not IIT college then you can any other good colleges because it is your carrer...
Think while and choose the college......

good luck
6th September 2011, 03:54 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It's upon you.. If you think that you can do better next year then go for it..
So, it is totally depend upon your determination, hard work, talent...

But don't waste the time.. Do lots of hard work , and try to perform excellent in the next year IIT-JEE exam..

If you have that confidence and have faith in you then go for it..

Otherwise , take admission in an average college.. See, the college does not matter..You are doing how much hard work , your performance during the course these things matters a lot..
If you secure a good percentage of marks in your graduation from any college and you have the capability then you can get a very good job...

All the best.
6th September 2011, 04:19 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It's upon you.. If you think that you can do better next year then go for it..
So, it is totally depend upon your determination, hard work, talent...

But don't waste the time.. Do lots of hard work , and try to perform excellent in the next year IIT-JEE exam..

If you have that confidence and have faith in you then go for it..

Otherwise , take admission in an average college.. See, the college does not matter..You are doing how much hard work , your performance during the course these things matters a lot..
If you secure a good percentage of marks in your graduation from any college and you have the capability then you can get a very good job...

All the best.
6th September 2011, 08:50 PM
logkarthik0

If you don't get in IIT, the life is not over.There are many best colleges offering other courses like Integrated M.Sc. or even Engineering courses in IISc (Check this http://www.iisc.ernet.in/ug/engineering.htm).You may also join Integrated M.Sc. Courses at H.C.U.,IISER, IISc.After studying Integrated course you can join for Ph.D.
6th September 2011, 09:02 PM
harshchauhan

hey ,
what I personally feel is you should go for the college which your are getting now . Just look for a good branch , which has a brighter future prospect . See, it hardly matters after 2-3 years of job , that from which college you studied . What is important is your knowledge about the subject and experience counts .
7th September 2011, 07:22 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: After 12th if I dont get IIT college should I drop or take admission in average college?

Quote:
Good evening sir,
To Drop or Not to Drop for IIT-JEE

its very important to know that at what point you should compromise with your dreams so that the situation does not slip out of your hands
and
at what you can afford to do things to get the situation in your control..

everything is totally up to you..if you want to drop or not..
there is a huge world beyond the IITs too..you don't have to be disappointed that you dint make it to IIT..there are good colleges too..like the NITs and BITS and IIITs and many more..

if you think that you can do much better than this and you are capable of putting in more effort and achieving greater success and you have it in you to make it to a good college then you should surely drop a year and prepare well..
but if you think that this was your best possible attempt and you can't do any better than this..then you should take admission wherever you are getting..

always do remember not making it to IIT is not the end of the world..it is your efforts in engineering and the grip of your subjects which will matter the most ultimately

so all the very best and do well..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
21st December 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Is a b.tech computer science mba programme offered by amity noida a good choice ?
30th April 2012, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i've appeared for 12th and some competitive exams this year. But i'm disappointed since i cud do well only in 12th. Shall i drop a year for getting gud colg? Does it matters ?
3rd May 2012, 12:56 AM
indu_sarabhai

Only these are the colleges for you which will provide the course...

Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University - Raipur, Chhattisgarh

Pondicherry University - Pondicherry (Mahe), Kerala

Amity Institute Of Nano Technology - Noida

Sastra University - Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu

Integral University - Lucknow

GITAM Institute of Science - Visakhapatnam

Sardar Patel University - Vidyanagar, Gujarat

Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology - Bhubaneswar

Lucknow University - Lucknow

Bharathiar University - Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu

Indian Institutes of Technology - Bangalore

Chettinad Health City - Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu

S N Bose National Centre For Basic Sciences - Kolkata

Annamalai University - Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu

Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research - Bangalore

Center for Converging Technologies - Jaipur

Best of luck..
6th May 2012, 06:38 PM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: After 12th if I dont get IIT college should I drop or take admission in average college?

Quote:
Good evening sir,
hello dear,
if you have a complete faith in yourself, you have a complete confidence in your self, then i will say you drop this year, because you fuure is depends on this year you have drop.
make complete planing of yourself , about your self that what you will read, how will you read everything. DON'T THINKS ABOUT THE RESULT , BUT ONLY CONCENTRATE ON YOUR FOCUS THAT YOU HAVE TO BE AN IITIAN.

GOOD LUCK
15th May 2012, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Good afternoon sir,
I am not getting selection in an IIT.. But an NIT is sure.. So is it possible to study one year in an NIT as well as prepare for IIT and, if next year I get selected into an IIT, can I continue there with my second year??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?