6th April 2018, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Science or Commerce, which one to study in 11th standard for 10th WBBSE student?

Hello, I have recently appeared for Madhyamik 10th Board exam with WBBSE Board. I want to take Science in 11th standard. But most of my friends are telling me to take Commerce. I am really confused. Help me to choose between them.

4th May 2018, 08:49 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Science or Commerce, which one to study in 11th standard for 10th WBBSE student?

Which course to take whether Science or commerce stream basically depends upon your skills and area in which you are more interested in. Both science and commerce streams has their own scope as far as further course opportunities and job opportunities are concerned.

If you are willing to get into B.Com, etc like commerce related courses in Graduation then Commerce stream is the best one for you. On the other side, if you are willing to go with B.E/ B.Tech/ BA/ B.Sc..etc., courses in Graduation then of course science stream is best for you. But according to my personal experience, Science stream is best when there is a comparison between these two streams.

But I suggest you to analyse the skills, interests and future plans that you have. So that, you may choose the right stream in 11th Class itself.
4th May 2018, 09:24 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Science or Commerce, which one to study in 11th standard for 10th WBBSE student?

Don't get confused, if you are interested in science stream, then you must opt for science. There is no reason for you to opt commerce, just for the sake of your friends. It's about your career, so you have to be wise and careful with your decision. Go for the stream in which you are interested the most and in which you can perform well. Let your friends opt for commerce stream, but if you are interested in science, then you must go for that.
4th May 2018, 09:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you have be clear about your career, then only you can take your decision now. Just go for the stream, which suits your career goal. If you don't know anything, then talk with you mentor or anyone who is educated. Friends are just like you and they don't have much knowledge about what lies ahead.

Hence, take your decision based on your interest or career objective. Once you have a goal, you will be on a right path.
5th May 2018, 12:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have recently appeared for Madhyamik 10th Board exam with WBBSE Board. I want to take Science in 11th standard. But most of my friends are telling me to take Commerce. I am really confused. Help me to choose between them.

A student who has passed 10th from WBBSE board can choose either Science or Commerce stream based on his/her interest, skill and ability. Both Science and Commerce streams have good scope in India. Students can study various courses after completion of science and commerce streams. Many students in India prefer to study science stream to pursue MBBS or engineering in the future. The demand for the chartered accountants is also very high. Students can discuss with their parents and teachers before choosing the group.
5th May 2018, 07:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 10th standard from WBBSE Board, you can pursue your higher studies in 11th standard Commerce, Science or Arts stream. If you are interested to become an engineer, you have to pursue 11th standard with Non-Medical Science stream or if you are interested to become a Doctor, you have to pursue your 11th standard with Medical Science stream. If you are interested to become a Chartered Accountant or Accountant, you can pursue your 11th standard with Commerce stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?