11th August 2011, 01:17 PM
rozzlyn

Am I eligible for CAT and other MBA entrance exam after scoring 50% marks in second attempt in graduation?

Hi.. i have done bsc comp sci.. i failed in the first attempt and cleared exam in next attempt.. I got 50% marks in the second attempt but the class is pass class.. Am i eligible for CAT and other mba entrance examinations that ask for minimum 50% in graduation.. Does my not clearing in the first attempt affect my chances??

12th August 2011, 04:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT and other MBA entrance exam after scoring 50% marks in second attempt in graduation?

Any graduate can apply for the MBA entrance exams. It is a must that the candidate should have studied the same from recognised institute. Normally there is no mention on the minimum marks required for this test. The minimum marks are normally a criteria based on which the candidates. They will first review the test score and then check the academic record of the candidates.
13th August 2011, 08:33 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT and other MBA entrance exam after scoring 50% marks in second attempt in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzlyn View Post
Hi.. i have done bsc comp sci.. i failed in the first attempt and cleared exam in next attempt.. I got 50% marks in the second attempt but the class is pass class.. Am i eligible for CAT and other mba entrance examinations that ask for minimum 50% in graduation.. Does my not clearing in the first attempt affect my chances??
Firstly I have to informed you that, If you have completed your Graduation degree course from a recognised University, then you are eligible to apply for MBA Entrance examinations like CAT/MAT/GMAT Examinations.

CAT Examination was Conducted by IIM's Only One time in a Year.

And to apply for CAT Examination you need a Bachelor degree in any discipline form a recognised University With minimum 50% marks. Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination as Provisional Basis. The Notification was Updated in the Official Website.

And the Registration process will starts form 17 August and If you have completed your Graduation and Scored minimum 50% marks then you are eligible for CAT Examination. I have Providing you the Important Dates of Upcoming CAT Examination, So If you are Interested in this examination then please check the Given Dates OR visit the CAT official Website.

>> Sale of CAT Vouchers - Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Monday, 26 September 2011

>> Registration for CAT 2011 - Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Wednesday, 28 September 2011

>> CAT Test Dates - Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Friday, 18 November 2011

>> CAT Result - Wednesday 11 January 2012.

>> You are also Apply for the MAT Entrance examination but for MAT Examination any Graduate Passed candidates are eligible, there is No minimum percentage eligibility to apply for MAT Examination. The examination was Conducted By AIMA, Four Times in a Year.

And If you need More Information, then please check the Given Official Websites -

http://www.catiim.in

http://www.aima-ind.org
13th August 2011, 08:52 PM
aisham

Smile Re: Am I eligible for CAT and other MBA entrance exam after scoring 50% marks in second attempt in graduation?

Quote:
IIM and many government colleges take on the basis of CAT score
Eligibility to appear in CAT
50% marks in graduation, 5% relaxation in case of Sc/ST and DA(Differently abled)
candidates appearing for final year can also apply

While some private colleges take on the basis of MAT score
Eligibility to appear in MAT
any graduate (with any percentage)

While some colleges take their own interview and test.
So don't worry you are eligible for these exams, no matter in which attempt you have cleared the exam. They will see your percentage and not how many times you have given.
13th August 2011, 09:05 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible because it doesn't matter for the MBA entrance exam.

If you have passed your graduation from arecognised university then you are eligible for the MBA entrance exam.

There are various entrance exam for MBA programme some good are-
CAT which is organised by IIMs
MAT for some private colleges
XAT by some reputed private colleges

Forms will be avliable soon for all of these.
In above mentioned exams CAT and XAT is hard but if you qualify CAT then you can take admission in IIMs which is the INDIA's best managment colleges.

For CAT registration open on 17 august (wed.) to 28 september(wed.)

You can buy the form from the AXIS bank.

For more details or anything else like practical guidance,registration guidance go here-http://http://www.catiim.in/
13th August 2011, 09:47 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
Yes,you are eligible for apply this exam
because for applying MBA criteria:-
*Candidate pass graduation
*Must be an indian
*Age-apply after graduation
there is no upper age limit for apply

There is many type of entrance exam like:-
CAT
MAT
XAT
Other state university entrance exam

all of the entrance exam if you are able to get good percentile then you get good college.
after that you go for a good job.........
13th August 2011, 10:21 PM
maninder15

Helloo

no its not effected to cat xam..
U have 50% minimum marks in graduation.for apply cat .
13th August 2011, 10:36 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes you are eligible for the entrance exam because only passing are required for the eligibility test and the bachelor degree from the recognized institute..........................there is no restriction for the second attempt pass out students.........
27th August 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT and other MBA entrance exam after final year appearing candidates of graduation?
2nd September 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

hello
i m doing BSC IT ..
in my 6th sem i failed in 2 sub ..n i fil d KT exam form for 2 sub wich will held in oct ..
my percentage is 58 % exculding my 2 sub ..if i cleared these 2 sub in kT exam den my % will be 60%.
bt my class will be pass class..
so i want to know dat m i Eligible 4 CAT ,CET ,MAT n NMAT???
plzzz reply......
13th September 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

poor marks in 10 2 3 bt good % in PGD n CAT exam will be eligible for IIMs?
3rd November 2011, 09:29 AM
VegaSridhar

Hi Friend,

To become eligible to attempt CAT one must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.

IIMs verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website http://www.catiim.in

Please do remember that the main preference has been given to your written test performance to get into the best B-Schools. So don't worry that your academic record is not upto the best.

Vega Sridhar
10th January 2012, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

i am B.TECH 2nd year in eee &interested in MBAcourse whether it is time to take decision??????
20th March 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

i completed degree with second class...am i eligible for cat exam....
14th April 2012, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

is graduation marks matter's in civil services exams interview?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?