15th August 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Required percentage in B.Com to become IAS Officer?

what is the minimum number of percentage required for a b.com student to become ias?

15th August 2011, 03:50 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Required percentage in B.Com to become IAS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the minimum number of percentage required for a b.com student to become ias?

Information Regarding IAS Examination.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination is also known as the civil services examination which is conducted by UPSC in every year for the selection of the talented candidates of India as the post of IAS officer. IAS officer is known as the one of the best job of India. To appear in the Civil Services examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the IAS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

NOTE :- There are no limit percentage required in qualifying examination to the appear in the IAS examination only pass the qualifying examination is enough.

This is the basic eligibility criteria to appear in the civil services examination. If you want to know any more information regarding IAS examination then please visit the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
15th August 2011, 04:01 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
17th August 2011, 11:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

B.COM degree are also eligible for IAS exam.IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM:-

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years

For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST category candidates,only minimum age is required i.e 21 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
23rd August 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

is there any solution if somebody whose score is less than 50% in graduation but the earlier records are excellent??
23rd August 2011, 10:55 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

There is no such criteria of minimum percentage of marks required in graduation to be eligible for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Examination. IAS premier and most coveted Examination among students of all three streams which is conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commition ) every year and according to UPSC examination guidelines candidates having graduation degree in any stream are eligible to appear for the examination provided they must have age limit within 21 to 30 years. However there is some relaxation provided to reserve catagory students.

For application details and any other queries you can visit official website of UPSC : www.upsc.gov.in
23rd August 2011, 10:58 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

There is no such criteria of minimum percentage of marks required in graduation to be eligible for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Examination. IAS premier and most coveted Examination among students of all three streams which is conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commition ) every year and according to UPSC examination guidelines candidates having graduation degree in any stream are eligible to appear for the examination provided they must have age limit within 21 to 30 years. However there is some relaxation provided to reserve catagory students.

For application details and any other queries you can visit official website of UPSC : www.upsc.gov.in
23rd August 2011, 10:59 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I.A.S means Indian Administrative Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.This is the one of the top jobs in the government.Many number of candidates are appear for this examination every year.

There is no particular stream candidates like Arts,Science,Commerce,Engineering ,Medicine.Any graduate candidates can apply for this examination.

Minimum Qualification :-You should have a graduate degree in any desire subject from any recognized university or equivalent qualification and there is no minimum marks required for this examination.Graduation is enough to appear for this examination.Those in the final semester of the examination can also apply for this examination.

You should have a 21 years and 30 years of age 1st august of the year of examination.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
23rd August 2011, 11:16 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Required percentage in B.Com to become IAS Officer?

Quote:
After your b.com course your eligible for the ias examination . i provide the details for ias examination .

Details for I.A.S Examination

IAS examination is conduct upsc union public service commission for every year

Educational Qualification for I.A.S Examination :

you should be qualified in bachelor degree in any stream with 60% percentage of marks .if your belong from sc/st category then the relaxation is given 55% percentage of marks .

Age Limit for the I.A.S Examination :

You age should be 21 to 30 years . if you belong from following category then the relaxation is given to you .

>>sc/st candidates for 5 years

>>obc candidates for 3 years

>>handicapped candidates for 10 years

Number of Attempts for Candidates :

every general candidates are eligible to write the attempts for 4 times and obc candidates for 7 times and there is no limit for the sc/st candidates .
24th August 2011, 12:07 AM
Lyk23

Smile Re: Required percentage in B.Com to become IAS Officer?

Quote:
Details about IAS:

To become a IAS officer you must write the IAS exam conducted by UPSC.For applying for this exam you must satisfy certain eligibility criteria's:

Candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 21-30 years.For SC/St category there is a upper age limit and it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

Candidates should have a degree from a recognzied university and there is no specified percentage to be got in your degree as per UPSC.

If you satisfy the above criteria's then you can apply for the exam.
24th August 2011, 01:44 AM
NEIL6

Friend there is no requirement of as such minimum % required to give IAS exam. You should

have completed your graduation . It will be sufficient for you to appear for IAS exam.

With best wishes!
24th August 2011, 02:39 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
There is no such requirements to appear in IAS exam...
IAS exam is a civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year...

The eligibility criteria to appear in IAS exam are mention below-

***Educational Qualification-

1.You must have complete your graduation in any field..
2.you should not have any due backlogs during your graduation...

***Age criteria-

1.your age should be in between 21-30years..
2.For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years, and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years..

So, do not bother about your percentage marks in graduation.. There is no need of it, for appearing in IAS exam..

All the best..
25th August 2011, 10:38 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Required percentage in B.Com to become IAS Officer?

Quote:

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and this is a Indian Civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC.

For your information there is no specified percentage which you should get to apply for the IAS exam.

But,the candidates who are appearing for the exam must have a degree from a recognized university.

Candidates should also have a age limit of 21-30 years.The candidates of SC/St category should have a 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

The candidates who are writing their final degree exam or qaiting for their result can also apply for this exam.

The possible attempts allowed in this exam are:

For SC/ST there is no limit.
For OBC it is 7
For General it is 4.

All the best.
8th September 2011, 10:28 PM
amit kumar rithala

any graduate person able to give this exam
9th September 2011, 12:34 AM
saugata2008

IAS is a Civil Service exam which is conducted by UPSC for the officer rank .

Qualification required -
Bachelor's degree of a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology,Maths,Physics ,statistics ,Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering .

Age limit = 21 to 30 years .

Number of permissible attempts = 4 times .

As you see there is no percentage requirement for the exam . So don't worry about percentage , if you can satisfy all the other criteria then you are eligible .

Thank you
9th September 2011, 03:42 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

To become IAS officer you have to sit for Civil Services Exam. The exam consists of several stages- Preliminary,Main and Personal Interview.
All you need is to be a Graduate from any recognized university.
your age must be within 21-30years.
There is no such percentage needed in graduation.
Some relaxation in age is there for SC/ST/OBCs.
You can easily apply.
Get yourself prepared.
Thank you.
7th November 2011, 11:40 AM
sant8055

The eligibility for IAS is as follows:
-Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
-Age limit: 21-30yrs.

There is no such criteria for percentage.
Final year students can also apply.
So,you can apply for IAS after completing B.Com.
For details,you can visit the UPSC website.
www.upsc.gov.in

Read: What is the minimum required percentage in B.Com to write IAS Entrance examination? Am I eligible to write IAS exam while pursuing B.Com 2nd year? 2011
14th April 2012, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

i knwn as megha sarvate i want to crack IAS.... so plzzz tell me how can i do prepration...????
3rd May 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

sir, i completed my 12th exams by just securing 47% and now m doing b.com General. I have completed 2nd sem exams. I wanna know whether after my graduation will i be eligible to appear for IAS? I am from assam, Jorhat, plz let me knw where can i apply. I dnt have any idea regarding this exams. Are the books and coaching too costly? Approx how much money would be reqt to go through the entire process.
Hardeep singh. Jorhat city
ASSAM
6th May 2012, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

i am in 12th class from commerce stream .how much % of marks r required to appear for ias n plz tell me wht should i do after 12th for being an ias .... plz..................
28th June 2012, 09:37 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

As you have completed your graduation through commerce stream , you are also eligible for IAS exam but one thing i want to tell you that you do not need to worry about the percentage as if you have passed graduation successfully , then you can give the IAS exam no matter you have obtained less or higher per centage of marks.

The other Eligibility Criteria For IAS exam are :

* Your age must lie in between 21-30 years if you are a candidate from general category.

There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC Candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

* Number of Attempts -

General Category - 4

OBC Candidates - 7

SC/ST Candidates - No Limit

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
8th October 2012, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASS 12 IN MATHE BUT MY PERSENT IS VERY DOWN IN NOW A DAY I STUDY B.COM TELL HOW MUCH PERSENT IT TAKE IN I.A.S
22nd February 2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

I complete my bca with 59%. can i apply for ias exams?
13th May 2013, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my btech I have 58% in btech can I apply for ias exam
31st July 2019, 05:31 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
There is no percentage restriction for graduate students to appear for IAS exam. You just have to complete your graduation from a recognised college or university.
Thankyou
7th August 2020, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir upsc (civil service) ke liye graduation %uD83C%uDF93me kitna percent chahiye?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?