17th August 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

What are the subjects in Civil Services? Procedure, qualifications, reservation and the age limit?

i'm doing my b-tech 3ad year i want to become an ips officer ,i need what are the subjets in civil services and procedure,qulification,reservation and age limit

18th August 2011, 01:25 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the subjects in Civil Services? Procedure, qualifications, reservation and the age limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm doing my b-tech 3ad year i want to become an ips officer ,i need what are the subjets in civil services and procedure,qulification,reservation and age limit
Nice to see your Interest in UPSC Civil Services Examination And If your aim is to become IAS/IPS Officer OR any other officers in Government Sectors then you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

>> The examination was conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Comission) Every Year and to apply for this examination you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised University because graduation is the minimum eligibility to apply for this examination.

The examination was conducted in 2 Stages - Preliminary examination and Main examination, Preliminary examination is compulsory One and there are 2 Papers in this examination of Same Marks and Same Duration, the examination are also called CSAT Examination. Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and only then you are eligible to apply for Main examination.

In Main examination you have to choose the Optional subjects, Since you are form Engineering background then you can choose your area of Interest, the List of Optional Subjects are availiable in the UPSC official website OR also in the UPSC Notification.

>> So, When you are pursuing your final year B.tech course, then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

>> Your age should between 21 to 30 years only then you are eligible. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST Candidates - 5 Year, OBC Candidates - 3 years.

General candidates will allowed to attempt this examination only 4 Times.

The Notification was Published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC website in the month of February and If you need more information then please check the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in

List of Optional Subjects -

18th August 2011, 12:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the subjects in Civil Services? Procedure, qualifications, reservation and the age limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

The CIVIL SERVICE EXAM is conducted by UPSC in every year.

Those are graduate are applicable for civil service exam.

But your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

Yes , seat reservation are alloted by govt rule.

So if you want to apply for civil service exam you can visit upsc own website.

The optional subject are -

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law, Management,Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science,Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

All the best.
19th September 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

i'am doing my b.a sociology honours 2ndyr,n i want to know whether i can appear this WBSC examination or not? N if it is then what are the subjects which i should opt for?
6th November 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

hi i m not sc by birth but after marrige i m sc am i eligible for reservation as sc in upsc 2012?
23rd November 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

how would creat an effective ethical management system?
23rd November 2011, 06:35 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to serve the nation, which is really appreciable.
The CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION , is conducted by UPSC [UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION] every years,.

This is the exam , for the aspirants of IAS [INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES]\IPS[INDIAN POLICE SERVICES], .
This civil service examination has three stages-
1. CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

The exam pattern of CSAT IS-

The academic qualification needed for appear in this examination , is a graduation degree from a recognized college, in any stream.

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years, there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.

Thank you!!
~gamble~
23rd November 2011, 06:50 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Civil service exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
So, to appear in the civil service exam you have to first fulfill some eligibility criteria.

Eligibility criteria for Civil service exam:-

*Educational qualification:-
Candidate have to complete the graduation in any trade from any recognized university.

*Age limit:-
Candidate must have attend 21 years of age and must not have complete the age 30 years at the time of appearing in the exam.

“Some optional subject” paper

Here you have to give a paper on a subject of your choice. You can choose from the following subjects:
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

So, go for it..
All the best.
22nd February 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

how can i apply for ias exam?
31st July 2012, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the management subject if i take this as a subject in main exam of upsc because i had done mba after completed my graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?