20th August 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing Computer Science Engineering?

hi
Sir\Madam
Now I am a computer science engineering?
So am i applicable for the upsc exam?
plz reply me on my e_mail is?
[email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for UPSC pursuing B.Tech with Computer Science Engineering? Goverment jobs for Computer Science Engineering?
  2. How to prepare for UPSC Exam being a candidate pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  3. How to appear for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering
  4. Am I eligible for JTO Exam being a candidate of Computer Science Engineering pursuing 7th semester?
  5. Am I eligible for UPSC exam while doing Computer Science and Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to write CSIR exam? I am pursuing computer science and engineering
  7. Am I eligible for Bank PO exam while pursuing bachelor of engineering in computer science?
  8. Which subjects should I choose for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  9. Internship Programs in Kerala which I am eligible being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester of Computer Science Engineering?
  10. Am I eligible for government entrance exam or PSU? I am a student pursuing degree in B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  11. Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?
  12. Sub branches of Computer Science engineering for B.Tech ECE qualified candidate? List of universities offering such courses? -- [New]
  13. Am i eligible for BARCh exam after pursuing 3rd year in computer science and engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to appear for UPSC Exams being a candidate pursuing B.Sc in Nautical Science?
  15. Job Opportunities for me being a candidate of pursuing final year of Computer Science?
  16. Am I eligible to join CA course being a candidate pursuing 12th class with Computer Science stream?
  17. How can I enter in Indian Air Force after BCS
  18. Am i eligible to do masters in forensic science after completing engineering in computer science from Bangalore
20th August 2011, 06:21 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing Computer Science Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi
Sir\Madam
[email protected]
UPSC Stands for Union Public Service Comission and the Comission conducts various examination like UPSC Civil services examination, Engineering Service examination, SCRA Examination, NDA Examination, IFS Examination, CDS Examination and Many other Examinations.

>> So, If you are Interested To apply for UPSC Examination, then please dont worry because you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, the examination was conducted by Comission every year and If your age should between 21 to 30 years, then you are eligible for Civil services examination.

>> After completing Engineering Degree course you are also apply for CDS Examination, CDS Examination was held Twice in a year But the eligibility criteria are vary from Post to Post. Candidates may apply for These Academy in CDS Examination - Indian Military Academy (IMA), Naval Academy, Air Force Academy AND Officers Training Academy (OTA).

For IMA/OTA Any graduate candidates are eligible But for Naval and Air force academy Only Engineering graduate or B.sc Candidates May apply.

If your age should between 17 to 21 Years, then you are also eligible to apply for SCRA Examination. So candidates may eligible to apply for all these UPSC Examination, So If you are Fulfill these Given eligibility criteria, then please apply for the UPSC Examination.

>> So, If you are Interested then please check the UPSC website to get the Information about Next year Dates, The Next year UPSC Dates are availiable in the UPSC Website, Eligible candidates may fill the UPSC Application form Online OR Obtained the form directly form the Designated Post offices in India and If you want to get More Information, then please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
20th August 2011, 06:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing Computer Science Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi
Sir\Madam
[email protected]
Dear friend,

UPSC conduct so many exam .Every exam conduct their own criteria . But the minimum criteria is for UPSC exam is graduation.

UPSC conduct IPS,IES,IAS,INCOME TAX OFFICER exam but only graduate can apply for this post.Final year student are not eligible for those exam.

But you are eligible for NDA exam .Final year student are applicable here.But your age must be in between 21 to 25 years.

Also you are applicable for SCRA exam.

Thanks
20th August 2011, 06:46 PM
ASHWANI42092

Dear friend,
Of course my friend you are eligible for UPSC exam .
Following exams are conducted by UPSC every year :-
1]CDS
2]SSC
3]NDA
4]IAS
5]IES
For all these exam's a candidate should be graduate .
As you said that you are doing engineering in computer science it means you are eligible for all these exams.
1]CDSE stands for Combined defense service exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC
twice in a year .CDSE allows only those who have completed their graduation in any stream .
Age limit is for Army 19-24 years
Age limit for Air force 21-23 years
Age limit for Navy 19-22 years .You have already missed one CDS application form
which was released in the month of May 2011. Next CDSE application form is going to releasein the month of October -November .For information you can login the official website that is www.upsc.gov.in and you can also refer employment newspaper .
2]SSC- Short service commission a candidate can also join defense as a officer through SSC entrance exam .This paper is also conducted by UPSC .But it is short service commission it means a candidate can serve in Indian army for limited period .
Age limit is for Army 19-24 years.
Age limit for Air force 21-23 years.
Age limit for Navy 19-22 years .
3]TGS -Techinical graduate scheme in this a candidate should have degree in engineering
Age limit is for Army 19-24 years.
Age limit for Air force 21-23 years.
Age limit for Navy 19-22 years .
4]IAS- For IAS a candidate should have graduation in any discipline.
Age limit 21-30 years for open category.
Age limit for OBC 21-33 years.
Age limit for SC/ST 21-35 years.
5]IES for this a candidate should have degree in engineering.
Age limit 21-30 years for open category.
Age limit for OBC 21-33 years.
Age limit for SC/ST 21-35 years.
Thank you .
20th August 2011, 06:56 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

yes dear there is no problem...you are surely eligible for the upse examination...there is no problem at all..
so, if you are intersted in the upse exams then it will no pproblem so, you have to only full fill your eligiblity criteria.
your age should be in the range of maximum 30 ...donot cross this limit..
you have a graduation degree from a recognised university..
all d best
20th August 2011, 07:03 PM
ranips

Hello
You are eligible for UPSC exam.The eligibility for a candidate to write the UPSC enginerring services examination is an engineering graduate or final year engineering student from a recognised university.
UPSc conducts the engineering services exam every year.Also you can write Combined defence services exam CDS,That is the test for the recruitment of indian military services,naval academy and airforce acadmy through UPSC twice a year.You can follow the website www.upsc.gov.in for the notifications.
20th August 2011, 08:10 PM
Sehwag6

upsc stands for union public service commission

eligibility:-

**educational qualification is graduation in any stream

**age limit is 21 to 30 years

**then apply upsc

**it is conducted every year

**age relaxation is

for SC/st candidates up to 35 years and no limit to attempts

for BC candidates up to 33years and 7attempts

generally 4 attempts
ya you are eligible for upsc exams

all the best
20th August 2011, 08:39 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Dear friend

I can understand you why you have asked such question.

since there is no any subject in UPSC examination as a subjects thats why you are

confused that whether you are eligible or not.

so in this regard i would like to clear that there is no any subject of computer science in

UPSC exam.but you are eligible for the UPSC exam.

because for the UPSC exam following should be eligibility criteria.

candidates must have degree or graduation course from any recognized university.

candidates who is appearing for final year can also apply for the prelim. exam. but at the

time of the main exams you must produce final results.

Civil Service Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. It has three stages:

a preliminary exam, a main exam, and an interview,
20th August 2011, 08:52 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

yes friend definately are eligible for the UPSC so read this information carefully there recruitments rule read them carefully
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rr_english.pdf(38.7 KB, 159 views)
21st August 2011, 02:10 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

According to your qualification,you can apply for Indian Administration Service,Indian Public Service exam and Combined Defense Service exam are UPSC exam,you can apply.To apply your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

For more details,see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 100 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 134 views)
20th September 2011, 05:57 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

for appearing in these exams , IES, IPS, IAS, NDA, CDSE, SSC, IMA, SCRA, etc etc .
for nda & scra you must have complete your +2 with PCM
25th December 2011, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

am durgaasankar, am doing my final year computer science engineering, my aim is to want to be a part in defence service, can i write any other cdse, nda examination, while am in final year engineering,,, please reply me my email id:[email protected]
28th December 2011, 07:03 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

You can appear in UPSC exam being a candidate pursuing Computer Science Engineering if you are doing your final year. Because the eligibility criteria for appearing in UPSC exam says that you must be a graduate or at least you must be in your final year of graduation from a recognized university for appearing in UPSC exam which is being conducted by Union Public Service Commission of India to select good candidates for IAS or IPS officer and your age also must be above 21years and below 30years to appear in the exam. This exam is conducted twice per year. You will have some age relaxations upto 5 years if you are from SC/ST caste and 3 years if you are from OBC caste. I would suggest you to complete your degree and then participate in UPSC exam. So that by the time you can prepare well for the exam as it will be a little tough exam.
14th July 2012, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for upsc eaxm i was complete b.tech in computer science in same year,and i am 20year old .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?