7th September 2011, 03:26 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects to study to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of doing B.Tech in CSE?

I am doin betech in CSE...BT I WANT TO PERSUE my carier in civil cervices..i want to b an IAS oficer..wht subjects shud i study for preparation

9th September 2011, 08:06 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which subjects to study to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of doing B.Tech in CSE?

Since the pattern has been changed you have to go through some subjects like History and Civics, Geography, Economics, General Science in the first section.The second section basically comprises of English, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.You even need to go through newspaper daily for scoring in the Current Events section. I have attached the syllabus below for the Preliminary examination hence go through it.

If selected for the Preliminary examination then you will be called for the Main test which comprises of two optional subjects which is split up into four papers.There are 9 papers totally in the Main examination section out of which 5 papers are to chosen by the candidate from a list of subjects.The first section paper is language paper chosen by the candidate comprising of 300 marks.All the papers carry 300 marks except the Essay paper comprising of 200 marks.The other papers include English and General studies.

If selected for the main examination you will be called for interview consisting of 300 marks.I have even attached the notification for the examination which was held on June,2011.Please go through it if you have any doubts regarding the examination.

Since your determined to go through the CSAT examination hence I have mentioned few books which you can try out for like

An Introduction to the Constitution Of India - D.D.Basu
India's Struggle for Independence- Bipan Chandra
Geography of India - D.R.Khullar
Indian Economy- Dutt and Sundaram
Journals-World Focus
Magazines-Frontline
Manorama Year Book
Quantitative Aptitude - R S Aggarwal
High School English Grammar and Composition - Wren and Martin.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSAT-Syllabus-for-UPSC-Prelims-2011.pdf(61.9 KB, 137 views)
File Type: pdf notification-civil-service-exam-2011.pdf(346.9 KB, 89 views)
9th September 2011, 09:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to study to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of doing B.Tech in CSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doin betech in CSE...BT I WANT TO PERSUE my carier in civil cervices..i want to b an IAS oficer..wht subjects shud i study for preparation
Dear friend,

Best optinal subjects for b-tech computer science:-

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength . Because this is dependable to you.

thanks
9th September 2011, 11:48 AM
Tulasinagababu

UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects
# General Studies
# Essay
# English Qualifying
# Indian Languages
# Mathematics
# Agriculture
# Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
# Botany
# Chemistry
# Civil Engineering
# Commerce
# Economics
# Electrical Engineering
# Geography
# Geology
# Indian History
# Law
# Mathematics
# Management
# Mechanical Engineering
# Medical Science
# Philosophy
# Physics
# Political Science
# Psychology
# Public Administration
# Sociology
# Statistics
# Zoology
# Anthropology
7th October 2011, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

i am a mechanical engineer working in a reputed company..but now i want to prepare for ias...can i choose other subject like history rather than mechanical engineering as a main subject?
2nd February 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

which subjects to choose being a candidate completed B.Tech from chemical engineering stream?
9th February 2012, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

i am currently doing my b.tech IT can i able to apply for ias exam or not. How many degree need, to study for ias exam?
28th June 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done BCAand MCA from ignou and want to become an IAS
tell me which subject will help me most
5th August 2012, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

iam a student of c.e.c 2nd year.which subjects i have to study to prepare for IAS exam?
20th January 2014, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

sir I am student of civil engineering of first year of civil engineering and I have started preparing for civil services but confused about preparation of civil services so please help me out?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?