17th October 2011, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

Shall I have to appear for Preliminary Exam again if failed in Main Exam after cracking CSAT?

sir if i crack csat exam but fahled in mains exam then give prelim again or not? explain me please

17th October 2011, 07:31 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Shall I have to appear for Preliminary Exam again if failed in Main Exam after cracking CSAT?

Yes. It is for sure. Once you are not qualified in Main Examination for a particular academic year, then again you have to appear for CSAT Exam of next academic year.

Cracking CSAT Exam is not that much difficult when compared with Main Examination. Once you finish Main Examination, you will be called for Interview. A mere qualifying in Interview will fetch you job in any of the civil services like
-IAS (Indian Adminstrative Service)
-IPS (Indian Police Service)
-IRS (Indian Revenue Service)

Don't bother too much about your qualifying in Main Examination, if you attempt well, then you will definitely be qualified.

Start preparation for Interview from now itself. And as you are the candidate who is going to be placed in civil services, continuous updation of knowledge is very much important on various economic, political aspects.

Keep updating your knowledge and wish you all the best.

Here is the official website of UPSC. You can find all the relavant information regarding civil services exam in this website.

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
16th March 2012, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Shall I have to appear for Preliminary Exam again if failed in Main Exam after cracking CSAT?

yeah buddy if you failed to clear your mains than again you will have to sit for prelims and clear it. Don't worry much about mains, be confident and go with your full practice. You must have a look at http://www.wiziq.com/course/119-ias-general-studies-prelimnary-course
16th March 2012, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Yeah, if you failed to clear the main exam than again you will have to go through the whole process of prelims. Don't worry once you cleared prelims just don't loose on your grip. for more http://www.wiziq.com/course/119-ias-general-studies-prelimnary-course
13th March 2013, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Passed in preliminary, Main exam but failed in Interview ,Can a person have to appear for Preliminary Exam again .......???
30th March 2013, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have attend indian forest service exam 2013 . I want to know how many attempt is left for ias,ips and how many attempt for indian forest service exam.
31st March 2013, 12:33 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
If you not clear Mains exam for a particular year of civil service exam, then you are eligible for CSAT(Preliminary exam) of next year.

CSAT exam eligibility;-

----You must be passed graduation degree from a recognized university

---Age limit is 21-30 years.

Age relaxation;-

General-o years

OBC-3 years

SC/ST-5 years

Number of attempts;-

Genera-4 times

OBC-7 times

There is no limit for sc/st candidates.

All the best..................
16th June 2014, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Consider if we clear Prelims and main but not the interview than in this case Interview results are generally announced only in the month of June. But prelims application last date will be around the month of march or by latest April. Than how can we know whether to reapply for prelims or not.
5th October 2014, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

What happens after I clear the csat exams and also the interview round?? And please also do guide me how to face the interview round??
3rd December 2019, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

If any candidate clear both preliminary and main but fail to crack the interview then ?? That person again have to give both exam or just prepare for the interview ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?