19th December 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

How can I become a CID officer? I'm from Trivedi(Gujarat) and have complete B.A

hello sir
i am foram trivedi from bhavnagar gujrat.now i am in f.y b.a
end i am intrested to join cid.so pls tell me that what can i do for join this branch?

24th February 2012, 10:35 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a CID officer? I'm from Trivedi(Gujarat) and have complete B.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir
i am foram trivedi from bhavnagar gujrat.now i am in f.y b.a
end i am intrested to join cid.so pls tell me that what can i do for join this branch?
After completion of the bachelors degree program, candidates willing to join CID, will have to join the police department either by qualifying national level examination, known as civil service exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission or by qualifying State level exam, conducted by the State Police for recruitment of Sub-Inspector.
Criminal Investigation Department is another wing that every state police has and is responsible to look after specific types of cases. Candidates who have joined the police department are only considered to be part of it, apart from certain types of professionals who are appointed directly into it.
To write the civil service exam, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years and for the post of Sub-Inspector, you should be within the age limit of 20-27 years. The educational qualification required for both Civil service exam and state level exam, is graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
3rd September 2013, 11:49 AM
EFDRTG

Default Re: How can I become a CID officer? I'm from Trivedi(Gujarat) and have complete B.A

CID means Crime Investigation Department which comes under the government of India.It investigates the criminal cases in the country.The main point is you must be a bachelor of any stream.So as you have completed 12th standard,you must do graduation and there are many options for you but it is advisable to choose ENGINEERING which will help you in many ways because there are many options.The candidates must write the UPSC exams which are every year.There are two types of posts under CID,these are:

1.Constable post.
2.Sub Inspector post and higher officer posts.

The Eligibility details of the constable post are as follows:

Candidates must have completed 10th or 12th with atleast 55% to 60% of marks.

Age limit-18-30 Years for GEN

Age relaxation is provided for Reserved categories.
5 years for SC/ST categories.
3 years for OBC categories.
10 years for PH categories.

The Eligibility details of the SUB-Inspector post are as follows:

Candidates must have completed graduation from any reconized university.

Age limit-21-30 years for general.

Age relaxation is provided for Reserved categories.
5 years for SC/ST categories.
3 years for OBC categories.
10 years for PH categories.

There are three exams conducted.These are:
1. Written test.
2. Physical test.
3. Interview.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?