28th December 2010, 09:59 PM
ARUN00758

Completed B.Tech in CS and working in post office : How can a computer engineer apply for a government job with no experience?

I am already working in post office but want to apply for a govt job but i am a fresher actually a computer engineer with 0 years of experience,so please suggest me the way out

Related Questions:
  1. How to get Government Job with 5 years of IT experience?
  2. Job in Air force as a Software engineer after working in a CMM as a Software engineer?
  3. Government jobs for MCA with work experience? How to prepare and any courses required? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I apply for government job in Tamilnadu after completing BSc nursing?
  5. Any government job for a computer science engineering passed out and while working as SAS programmer with 1.8 years experience?
  6. Preferable job for IT executive having 7 years experience in Front Office?
  7. What type of Government job I can apply for after completion of B.E CSE graduation?
  8. How to get a government job while working in Biomedical company? Is it possible to get a government job with 1 year experience?
  9. Am I eligible for TCS job having 3 years work experience in HCL?
  10. Chances of job in IT field with experience in Non IT field?
  11. Is it possible for me to get an government computer job right after completion of higher secondary and know the basic software's like Tally and MS-Office? -- [New]
  12. Date and procedure to apply for government Nursing job?
  13. How can Mechanical engineers get a government job? I have scored 58% marks
  14. Is it possible to get Government job if I am more than 30 years old?
  15. Is it beneficial to work as a Telecom Engineer on Off-Role? Can I get in an On-Role after 1 year of experience?
  16. Can I attend TCS Off-Campus Interview for Software Engineer post if rejected for Back Office post? When I can reapply for TCS Off-Campus Drive?
  17. Will it be possible for me to get the government job by showing my MNC working experience?
  18. Can I get job in Central Government if completed M.Sc(Computer Science) and having 6 years of experience in Private firm being a 31 years old candidate?
28th December 2010, 11:17 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Completed B.Tech in CS and working in post office : How can a computer engineer apply for a government job with no experience?

dear friend.

See one thing that as you are the freshers and you are the a government employee in post office.If it is not give you satisfaction then try for corporate world in different multinational companies.
Otherwise you can try for different government sector jobs like rail,police,bank,army,navy etc.

One thing i suggest you that upto which i know you got your best job,see don't give up hope.

good luck.
28th December 2010, 11:38 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Completed B.Tech in CS and working in post office : How can a computer engineer apply for a government job with no experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN00758 View Post
I am already working in post office but want to apply for a govt job but i am a fresher actually a computer engineer with 0 years of experience,so please suggest me the way out
The following governmental firms recruit fresher CSE graduates.

BSNL (JTO exam for Telecom Section)

DRDO (Scientist Entry Test)

BHEL (BHEL Engineering Trainee Exam)

BARC (Recruitment is done according to vacancy)

Apart from these you can appear IES and civil services exam.
29th December 2010, 01:30 AM
yajvendra

if you want to apply for govt. job then you have to prepare for the entrance exam
and you have to read news paper for job vacancy
29th December 2010, 05:55 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Since you have no experience you can apply for only those jobs where freshers have been called. Make sure to stay in touch with subject. It is important since this is the area where you will be questioned upon.
29th December 2010, 06:43 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: Completed B.Tech in CS and working in post office : How can a computer engineer apply for a government job with no experience?

Ofcourse Dear you can easily apply for govt. job .
you can join Defense sector,or any govt. sector.

For this you have to give the exams (for example CDSE,SSC etc.)to get into government field.

ALL THE BEST............
29th December 2010, 09:50 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Completed B.Tech in CS and working in post office : How can a computer engineer apply for a government job with no experience?

yes a computer science engineer can also join in any government jobs as a fresher as there are lots of opportunity for computer science branch similar to other electrical branches in all government jobs like
Indian railway under signal section..
BSNL(bharat sanchar nigam limited)
ISRO(Indian space research organisation)
DRDO(Defense research and development organisation)
ECIL(Electronic cooperation of india limited)
AAI(Airport authority of India)
SAIL(Steel authority of india)
RRB(Railway recruitment board)
UPSC(Union Public Service Commission )
CDS(Combined defense service)

you need to be update yourself with employment newspaper all the government sector jobs come in this paper for fresher and experience so donot worry and try to brush-up your subjects to apply for government jobs...
29th December 2010, 11:55 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

first of all being an engineer and working in post office is an complete insult of your degree,
you should find some job which is more respectable and useful for an computer engineer
all the best
29th December 2010, 12:28 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

So many government vacancies are published in employment news Freshers are applying for those jobs,all government jobs does not required experience.
29th December 2010, 12:32 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
if you want to get an government job then i think you have to write the exams like ias or ies,
you can also try to get job in national informatics center,which is the hub of computer works in the country
keep visiting the site upsc.gov.in for all the latest openings or be updated through employment news every week
all the best
29th December 2010, 03:56 PM
Shrutigoyal

u can apply for indian engineeering service examination (ISE) .
29th December 2010, 06:33 PM
amahajan

Wink Re: Completed B.Tech in CS and working in post office : How can a computer engineer apply for a government job with no experience?

Hello Arun..
Actually nobody can tell you which Govt. company will hire a Computer engineer with no experience it is totally depends upon the company whether they want experienced candidate or fresher. But I would like to tell you that all the govt firms advertise about their recruitment in employment newspaper so you read the newspaper and if any requirements you find suitable for you then apply for it. until keep working in the post office.
29th December 2010, 09:04 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

There are many government organisations and PSUs which provide jobs to computer engineer freshers. The recruitment process depends up on the job post for which you are applying. Generally it consists of aptitude test, technical test & interview.

You may apply for these government jobs:
PO jobs in banks
civil services jobs
railway jobs
29th December 2010, 11:02 PM
anuragbhulyan

Hello...
Now its easy to find government job by using freshersworld portal.In freshersworld you can signup and create a free account and apply for the newsletter related to government job.
They have many updated recruitment list of government and private sector.
In government sub category you will find many jobs related to fresher or experienced.Defense is not only field for computer science you can find many suitable jobs over there.

Best Of Luck
3rd January 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed B.E (CS) in 2006 . no experience still now. can i enter into IT field now.what kind of job please reply .
9th January 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

dear you can apply to the government jobs by regularly visiting the website:www.newsarkarinaukri.com and finding the new job foe engginears in PSU's-NFL,NTPC,BHEL,SAIL,HP,IOCL etc..., these all are bharat ratna companies offering good package to the engg. graduates and to the mba also.....
10th January 2011, 07:39 PM
rihhu
Member+

hi dear dont worry when you try for anything with determination and dedication you will defiantely get it now there are opprtunities

like you can try in bsnl, bhel,aai,sail,hp,iocl,
update yourself with all interviews and happenings in government sector
and try to login in some sites like naukri.com,timesjob.com etc.
all the best i hope this will help u
8th February 2011, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

hii m doing b.tech with CSE branch i just want to know d jobs for me psu...
29th March 2012, 06:41 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Indian railway under signal section..
BSNL(bharat sanchar nigam limited)
ISRO(Indian space research organisation)
DRDO(Defense research and development organisation)
ECIL(Electronic cooperation of india limited)
AAI(Airport authority of India)
SAIL(Steel authority of india)
RRB(Railway recruitment board)
UPSC(Union Public Service Commission )
CDS(Combined defense service)

you need to be update yourself with employment newspaper all the government sector jobs come in this paper for fresher and experience so donot worry and try to brush-up your subjects to apply for government jobs...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?