11th May 2012, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? I am 17 years old

I'm vivek yadav. I read in 12th up board. My birthday is 10/03/1995. I want make IAS officer.

17th May 2012, 06:36 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am 17 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm vivek yadav. I read in 12th up board. My birthday is 10/03/1995. I want make IAS officer.
Its really great to know that you want to become an IAS Officer. As you know that the entrance examination conducted for the selection of IAS Officer is considered to be one of the toughest examination in India, you will have to work very hard and will need to be dedicated.

Now, in order to become an IAS Officer, first of all you will need to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. After completion of your graduation, you will have to write Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. This examination comprise of three stages including two stages of written examination and an Interview. You must keep in mind that in order to be considered for the post of IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Officer, you will have to be one of top scorers in the examination.
The age limit to write the examination are as follows:

For General category: 21-30 years
For OBC category: 21-33 years
For SC/ST category: 21-35 years

Since the examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission, you must refer to its official website for notification of Civil Service Examination as well as for other related information.
17th May 2012, 06:28 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three stages:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Oreliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

It is very good at the age of 17 years you are wishing to become an IAS officer. The Civil Service exam is tough and competitive one so one should prepare for this much before with systematic planing for studies. So you should prepare for Civil Service exam accordingly along with your regular under Graduate studies after completion of which you are eligible to apply for this.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th May 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am kavya.u i am studying now 7th std in sree pavithra vidyanekethan school,bangalore-560094. (my birth date 12/8/2000) I am intersting to study IAS ( Indian Administrative Services) kindly to give guidance to me to become me a IAS officer [email protected]
20th May 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
Kindly tell me the subjects to be studied in order to give the civil service exam?
20th May 2012, 07:24 PM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

dear friend.
it is very good to know that you want to be an ias/ips officer and serve the country.
first of all you have to complete you bachelors degree from any recognised university with atleast of 50% marks. after that you have to apeear in the upsc exam.
first of all you have to sit in the preliminary test, this test is divided into two papers, paper one contains 100 questions and paper two contains 80 question. the question is of objective type. after clearing this exam you will have to sit in the next exam called mains, you will have to select two papers according to your choice and then you have to give the exams of those papers, this exam is of subjective and you have to write the answer with full description.
after passing in these exam you will be called for the last and final round that is interview, if you have clear this then you will be selected for the ias/ips or any other posts according to your rank.
then after you will be sent for one year training and then you will join the duty.
all the best.
20th May 2012, 07:25 PM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

dear friend.
it is very good to know that you want to be an ias/ips officer and serve the country.
first of all you have to complete you bachelors degree from any recognised university with atleast of 50% marks. after that you have to apeear in the upsc exam.
first of all you have to sit in the preliminary test, this test is divided into two papers, paper one contains 100 questions and paper two contains 80 question. the question is of objective type. after clearing this exam you will have to sit in the next exam called mains, you will have to select two papers according to your choice and then you have to give the exams of those papers, this exam is of subjective and you have to write the answer with full description.
after passing in these exam you will be called for the last and final round that is interview, if you have clear this then you will be selected for the ias/ips or any other posts according to your rank.
then after you will be sent for one year training and then you will join the duty.
all the best.
21st May 2012, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR ,

Can i please know how many members are selected as IAS officers every year?what is the rank that an individual has to get to become an IAS officer.
21st May 2012, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, iam sohith .p iam completed my 10 in narayana concept school ,kakinada ,andhra pradesh . my birthdate 03/02/1996 . iam intersting to study IAS [ INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE ] kindly to give gudance to me to become me as IAS officer . EMAIL. [email protected]
29th May 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, i m rakhi i hv passed 12th by my mp board .wid science stream i want to be an ias officer . mai ye janna chahti hu kaun si bachler degree ke students jada select hote h . aur agar mai b.e krti hu kaun si branch ke students mostly qualified krte h . ap kya mujhe ias exm ka pattern bta skte h . plz snd me in my id [email protected] i m waiting for ur reply plz help me i m confused
3rd June 2012, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

I am studying with arts . May i become IAS ?
9th June 2012, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

i am a 15 years old girl and i wanna be an ias .so what should i do in order to prepare for it in advance....please suggest me something...i am in a big delimma.
12th June 2012, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

sir i am having 50 % marks in 12th class wid science stream .. i dont even no d abcd of becoming an i.A.s officer will any1 of yeu plz help me...
13th June 2012, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

im in tenth right now and i want to become an IAS officr plzz tell which stream should i choose in 10th
17th June 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

should i take commerce or arts to became an ias?
21st June 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

hello sir...i want to serve my country i aim to become an ias officer i have been a good student currently i am in class 12th is it really difficult to go through this examination plz kindly inform me my fb id is [email protected]
22nd June 2012, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

which side should we take after tenth to become an ias officer
22nd June 2012, 11:30 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
IAS is stands for Indian Administrative Service.
first of all for compete IAS you have to complete your graduation with 50% minimum.
after that you have to compete civil service examination conducted by UPSC.The exam has three stages ,two are written test and third one is interview.
first of all you have to seat in preliminary test.test is divided into two papers,paper one contain 100 question and paper 2 contain 80 question, the type of questions is objective.
After that you have to seat in exam mains,in which you have to select two papers according to your choice.In this questions are subjective types.
After pass these exams final round is interview.
The age limitation for IAS officer is:
20 to 30 for Genral
20 to 33 for SC/ST
20 to 35 for OBC

Good Luck
28th June 2012, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

sir,i am akshay.i have completed my 12th standard.i aspire to become an ias officer.How we should prepare a schedule from now onwards.what books should we read?please send me mail to [email protected]
28th June 2012, 01:43 PM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir,i am akshay.i have completed my 12th standard.i aspire to become an ias officer.How we should prepare a schedule from now onwards.what books should we read?please send me mail to [email protected]
hi friend just you fulfil this criteria to become IAS

IAS : Indian Administrative Service

It is a very good decision to become an IAS officer.

Requirements for this post:

These requirements are classified into three types
->Educational
->Age
->Physical

Educational requirements :

You should have a degree certificate from a recognized Indian university.
there is no limitation about stream that you study and also there is no particular requirement regarding percentages and all.

Age requirements :

to write this entrance exam(Civil Service Exam) you should cross 21 years and should not exceed 30 years this is the age limit.
however, there is relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates
->for SC/ST there is 5 year relaxation in their upper age limit.
->for OBC candidates there is 3 year relaxation in their upper age limit.

Physical Requirements

you should physically be fit to be write this entrance exam.
as there are no weight and height measurements for certain posts like IAS,IFS etc.,
you don't need to worry.
only IPS aspirants have to fulfill few physical requirements like height,weight ,chest etc.,

else , all the other aspirants who are mentally and physically fit are eligible for these top grade posts.

Procedure to become IAS officer is :-

after fulfilling all the above requirements
you are said to be eligible for civil service exam(entrance exam) conducted by UPSC to become a civil servant.

you have to apply for this exam with respect to a notification.
actually this entrance exam is a three stage selection exam.

->First level, preliminary
->Second Level, Mains
->Third level , Personal Interview.

After subsequently clearing all these levels based on your performance in each level you will be given a rank accordingly you will get your desired service if you have a good top rank if not you will get what is available or vacant.

This is how you will become IAS officer.

1st July 2012, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

hi sir..thank u for ur guidence...this is sai krishna from hyd. I want to know what are the subjects included to write this exam ? my father said to read news paper daily...Is this neccessary to read news paper daily...?
9th July 2012, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer ? Im 32 yrs old
9th July 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am sharvan kumar from up. I am in first year or my graduation. I want to know how can I became ias. I dnot know about anything about ias or ips. It is my dream to became an ias. Plz tell me the subject which I have to study. And it is right time tojion coaching classes now. Which institute is better for me in delhi. Email adress [email protected]
10th July 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi sir..thank u for ur guidence...this is sai krishna from hyd. I want to know what are the subjects included to write this exam ? my father said to read news paper daily...Is this neccessary to read news paper daily...?
yes it is necessary to read news paper and maxines daily by knowing about government and politics, its very important
11th July 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir,My name is shashank shukla.I have completed 12 with CBSE board(92 % in PCM).I Am doing Bsc(maths group) from BHU.Does it will help me furthur. My Relatives are forcing me to take BA arts.What i should do?my Email id is : [email protected]
11th July 2012, 01:01 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
You are 17 years of age only
So first try to complete your graduation Then you will be able to appear for that examination.Here are the details information for you.
You can go through the following :

IAS Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
For General :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.

You can follow these books :

For more details you can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS I.pdf(11.7 KB, 160 views)
File Type: pdf IAS II.pdf(9.9 KB, 129 views)
File Type: pdf IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 147 views)
11th July 2012, 01:12 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

To become IAS you should appear for UPSC (IAS) exam and your minimum age should be 21 yrs.

UPSC (IAS)EXAM:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
  • Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.
  • Educational Qualification :
    Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university.
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
GOOD LUCK........
15th July 2012, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Hello, i am 17 years old n i want to become an ias. Plz tell me how i have to start my journey.
17th July 2012, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i have completed class 12th and taking geography in graduation becoz i want to become an ias. as i live in a very small town i am not getting any guidance and support from seniors and teachers.what should i do to prepare well?
20th July 2012, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

wel...cn any 1 tl me dt how can we pass ias xams in 1st attempt only.
27th July 2012, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

i m 17 year old .. a 12 passed out student from cbse board with 82% ..... is it a right time to start my preparation for my dream(ias).. is bsc with math a good option..??
28th July 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

sir i m doing B.A.,LL.B and i want to become IAS plss tell me what shuold be the best optional subject to guide me best....??????.........
4th August 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

sir. my height is around 5 ft. am i eligible to take ias exam
5th August 2012, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

i am studying in 9th std i like to be an IAS officer what all should i need to become an ias
10th August 2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i am student class H.S
my question is how to exam on IAS OFFICER IN INDIA ?
15th August 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my name is manish rathod and my birthdate is 30/10/1994. i am passed 12sci. board.in this time i study mechanical eng. My dream is to become ias officer.to prepare this time best?
21st August 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

can i sit in UPSC exam after completing B.com?
21st August 2012, 11:48 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,

IAS Officer exam is considered to be one of the toughest examination in India, you will have to work very hard.

you have to pass atleast 50% of marks in graduation from any university.affter that

you will have to appear Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission(upsc). This examination will of three stages including two stages of written exam i.e
1. preliminary
2. mains
and last for an personal Interview

you should be physically fit to written in this entrance exam.
as there is no weight and height measurements for this posts

the age limit for this post are as follows

For Gen candiate: 21-30 years
For OBC candiate : 21-33 years
For SC/ST candiate: 21-35 years

for more detail contact www.upsc.com
good luck
26th August 2012, 08:09 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

NO, you are not enough this exm.
IAS Eligibility Criteria-
Required Qualification to join IAS
you have graduate degree from a approved university.
Age criteria--
your age should be 21 to 30 years.
No. of attempts--
4 for gen.
Fee detils
100 for gen candidate and no fee for other.
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam.

All the best
7th September 2012, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i am akshaya i have completed my 10 2 with 66%.can i appy for ias after my graduation.& what book i should read now onwards.so plz ge reply
13th September 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

i am in 12th standard m frm arts side i am very intrested to become an IAS officer and igot 50% in 10 th can i be able to become IAS officer?
18th September 2012, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
im in tenth right now and i want to become an IAS officr plzz tell which stream should i choose in 10th
see bttr dnt take non med take arts nd concentrate on ias only non med all will say has nmany lines ahead but me too studying in +1 non med bt its no fun sooo do arts it too has many lines in ias , arts , phsicology, maths , computers, english u have enough options sooo take arts ull go great !!...
23rd September 2012, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

hello, sir i am 17 year old.. i have passed my 12th wit phy,chem,bio...m dng ma graduation 1st year nw..my aim is to become ias officer n serve ma country.. should i began my preparations frm nw..?? whch books should i study frm...?? what r d subjects for this exam..?? should i join coachng classes frm nw..?? whch r gud coachng classes in amravati maharashtra.. or near by city...?? my id is [email protected] m waitng fr our reply...
24th September 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

hello,sir i am 17 years old. from childhood to my aim is to become IAS.now i am studying inter second year in sr college.this is so nice to express our views.my group is mpc.but after this i want do engineer.by doing engineer i want to learn any courses on ias. after completing engineer i want to conentrate completely on ias. i want to go delhi to take course on ias this is right decision or not.how to prepare ias now on wards.i am so much of interested in civils&social.in tenth social i got 99.in intermediate i taken wrong step by taking mpc.i am totally confusing&tikshen how to reach my goal
6th October 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,i am Karthik Jingade of class 9th and i want to become an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and my social marks is 91 .So please tell me what combination should take in PUC.My email ID [email protected].
6th October 2012, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

can we opt for ias examination after choosing the steam of non med ?
25th October 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

How we have to prepare for preliminary exam.wt typ of mattr we shud have to write preliminary exam
26th October 2012, 03:32 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

hi,

You are not mention which study complete.

You are in 17 years, i think you must be complete 12th.

Two option for become ias

1) you are complete 12th in commerce. You can admition in b.com,bba,etc. And after complete b.com your graduation is complete, so you will get upsc exam and become a Ias.

2)you are complete 12th science.you will get admition in b.tech, be, etc.
After complete be or b.tech your graduation is complete.and you get upsc exam and become a Ias.

>criteria

- you are in indian
-your graduation is complete
-age is 21-27 (age relaxetion in obc & sc/st)

Best of luck
26th October 2012, 11:31 PM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

Its nice to see that you are aspiring to become an IAS officer.

IAS is commonly known as Indian Administrative Services.
To become an IAs officer you need to clear UPSC Civil Services Examination.

You can sit for the exam provided you follow the eligibility norms:

** You must have completed your graduation in any stream.

** Final year candidates may also apply.

** Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

There is age relaxation given for reserved categories.
SC/ST- 5 yrs
OBC- 3 yrs
PH- 10 yrs

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.

There are 3 stages of examination:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview

ALL THE BEST....
27th October 2012, 05:41 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

Graduated Candidate And Minimum Age 21 Years Candidate Is Eligible Criteria So Complete Firstly Your Graduation Than Apply For IAS. And IAS Conducted By The UPSC.

IAS Eligibility :

1. Graduate in Any Discipline From Recognized University.
2. Age Limit :
General : 21 to 30 Years
OBC : 21 to 33 Years
SC/ST : 21 to 35 Years

3. Indian Citizen

No. Of Attempts :

General : 4
OBC : 7
SC/ST : 9

Selection Process :

1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

All The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?