24th March 2010, 12:12 PM
kalyansundar

Should I take environmental engineering at college level after passing 10th? Which engineering field should I take up to get into environmental engineering in PG level?

hello friends,

I have a daughter who has appeared for matriculation board of 10th std exam this academic year, please guide what course she should purse to take enviornmental engineering in the college level.
also please give your suggestions regarding the future of enviornmental engineering as a career for ladies.

To my knowledge , colleges in chennai offer only enviornmental engineering in the PG level, and not as a bachelor course , if that is the case, what line of engineering course, ( either civil or mechanical ) should she study to take up this enivornmental engineering in PG level ?
please advice, as my daughter is first one to enter engineering field in my family.

22nd June 2011, 12:23 AM
sourindra

Default Re: Should I take environmental engineering at college level after passing 10th? Which engineering field should I take up to get into environmental engineering in PG level?

Civil and mechanical both are good courses. There is no courses for environmental engineering in under graduate level. She can choose civil engineering.
22nd June 2011, 11:16 AM
jbarman34

Default Re: Should I take environmental engineering at college level after passing 10th? Which engineering field should I take up to get into environmental engineering in PG level?

Sir,
Civil is the appropriate field for your daughter. In the 3rd year the elective subject that has to be chosen may be environment.
In the higher studies the elective may be chosen as PG subject.

As a carrier the environment engeneering is suitable for ladies. In west Bengal the head offices of Environment department is situated in KOLKATA.
23rd June 2011, 03:00 PM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

hi friend,

for your daughter you just choose chemical engineering,polymer engineering, in the mentioned courses by yourself, you can choose both civil and mechanical, but for girls comparing to mechanical engineering, civil is the best for girls and also suits more than mech. so just leave her choice.she herself choose the best for her future.the mentioned courses will suits environment engineering after she completes that particular course.

all the best
23rd June 2011, 11:45 PM
kritika@Hans

hello
sir for doing engineering one must opt for science stream after 10...
after class 12 she has to give entrance exams like aieee, iit or any other state exams... on the basis of its merit she would be fetched a college...
now a days with so many environmental crisis there is a heavy demand of environmentalists who could the way out to these crisis so environmental engineering has a good scope
all the best
24th June 2011, 12:31 PM

Dear kalyansundar ,In 12th you can study a environmental education optional subject and you can also submit an project on it.after compliting you can do environmental engineering course in btech. have a nice day.
25th June 2011, 11:57 AM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

only a p.g degree is there in environmental engineering.if ur daughter wish is to do engineering she may take civil which ll be easy to learn
17th July 2011, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

hi
i am a girl doing my high school(biology grp). i want to become an environmental engineer. which tamilnadu colleges provide environmental engineering course as B.E and B.tech? or otherwise is there any science degree studies for environment?
27th March 2012, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

i am civil engg. fresher .My question is shoUld i join pg cources or look for a job ?
BY ANUJ
18th May 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

can i pursue environmental enggenering after doing diploma in civil enggenering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?