19th September 2012, 12:23 PM
sahil parwardigar

How to crack civil services from history? I am a student of computer engineering 1st year

sir im a student of computer engineering 1st year.I want to crack civil services from history and i have enough time for preparation too.Please guide me how to prepare during my graduation?

26th July 2015, 01:16 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to crack civil services from history? I am a student of computer engineering 1st year

Civil Services Examination is considered as the toughest examination and it is conducted by the UPSC every year. The examination is conducted for the recruitment on different officer's posts.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognized university. Candidate age must be between 21-30 years and relaxation for the reserved category.

Since you are in the 1st year you have another three valuable years for the preparation before appearing. So if you want to qualify in the examination start the preparation without wasting the time.

Since you want to crack the examination by taking the history as the optional paper so you must have the best knowledge of all the topics as according to the syllabus and even best knowledge in all other subjects.

So, from now try to go through the English Newspaper( editorial page mainly ) NCERT books, improve the writing skills and keep an outlook on all the events taking around the India and universe.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
27th July 2015, 03:21 PM
channu tiwari

Default Re: How to crack civil services from history? I am a student of computer engineering 1st year

If you are in first year then you are having quite enough time to prepare for the civils. Get started with regular newspaper reading The Hindu. Also thoroughly repeat and revise ncert books many times. this can be a good starting.
All the best thanks a lot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?