18th December 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech EC branch fine for preparation of IAS?

Is the branch EC of B.Tech is fine for the prepration of I.A.S? If not then tell me which branch is good?

19th December 2012, 02:09 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Is B.Tech EC branch fine for preparation of IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is the branch EC of B.Tech is fine for the prepration of I.A.S? If not then tell me which branch is good?
Dear,

IAS stands for Indian administrative Services. This exam is the most reputed civil services exam as IAS is regarded as a post of pride and responsibility in India. Its a dream for all the civil services aspirant to crack IAS exam.

If you will write IAS after B.tech in EC branch you have to prepare separately for any of the optional subjects in main exam such as:
  1. Agriculture
  2. Animal Husbandry
  3. Botany
  4. Chemistry
  5. Civil Engineering
  6. Commerce
  7. Economics
  8. Electrical Engineering
  9. Geography
  10. Geology
  11. Indian History
  12. Law
  13. Mathematics
  14. Mechanical Engineering
  15. Philosophy
  16. Physics
  17. Political Science
  18. Psychology
  19. Public Administration
  20. Sociology
  21. Statistics
  22. Zoology

But if you will do your engineering from civil, mechanical or electrical then you don't have to prepare anything extra that is not your field. So if you have not taken admission in any of the B.tech course and you are serious for IAS exam then go for mechanical, civil or electrical only as your B.tech stream. Also start you preparation as soon as possible as it requires lots of efforts and a complete one dedicated year for preparation.

Best of luck!
28th June 2013, 05:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Tech EC branch fine for preparation of IAS?

Graduates in any discipline can apply for IAS. The exam covers topics on general studies, general knowledge, English, Indian Polity, constitution, social and economic development, geography, etc. For mains, you can select one optional subject listed in the website of UPSC. Engineering streams like civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering are listed in the web portal of UPSC. If you select any of these streams in engineering, it will be beneficial for you.
27th January 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is B.Tech EC branch fine for preparation of IAS?

I m ece 3 rd year student.and i want to crack IAS exam.but which optional subject is good for me and what should do after choosing the subject.plz tell me in detail
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?