9th November 2016, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Can a citizen of Nepal get stipend for Ph.D course in India? Can I apply for scholarship of Indian Government?

Hello sir,
I am resident of Nepal but studying MA Geography from Patna University. I am planing to do Ph.D in same stream from same university. Please tell me can I get the stipend for it? Can I apply for scholarship of Indian Government?

Related Questions:
  1. Can a citizen of Nepal studying in India apply for scholarship in India?
  2. Should I take admission in Nepal after completing 12th for Pharmacy or Biotech considering I am a Nepal Citizen?
  3. Can a Nepali student get scholarship in India to do PhD? Procedure to apply for it?
  4. How can I get admission in IIT Colleges being a Nepal Citizen? Is there a Scholarship quota?
  5. What is the basic difference between Stipend and Scholarship? If I pass GATE exam will I get any scholarship? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is the MDS degree form Nepal valid in India? Can I apply for Government sector after degree in Nepal?
  7. Government and Non-Government colleges offering PhD(Zoology) with stipend in India?
  8. Can I study PhD in Botany being a Biotechnology postgraduate? Best university which offer PhD with scholarship and stipend?
  9. Can I apply for AIIMS to join MBBS being a citizen of Nepal having completed 10th Class from Nepal and 12th Class from India?
  10. How can I get scholarship to pursue PhD in Pharmacology?
  11. List of universities providing scholarship for Indian students to do PhD? How much stipend I can get in United Kingdom for PhD? -- [New]
  12. What is the procedure followed to get admission in Indian government engineering colleges after completion of 12th from Nepal?
  13. Can I apply for internship in India while pursuing MBBS from China? Am I eligible to get any Scholarships in India being a Nepal citizen?
  14. Stipend to study PhD in Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata?
  15. List of universities which offer PhD in Computer Applications with stipend in India? Eligibility to apply for M.Sc postgraduate?
  16. Can i get scholarship for Ph.D after scoring 145 in GPAT? How to apply for it?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission in a Maritime College in India being a Nepal Citizen? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  18. Provisions to get PhD scholarship for a candidate belongs to Nepal?
14th November 2016, 07:50 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a citizen of Nepal get stipend for Ph.D course in India? Can I apply for scholarship of Indian Government?

Yes, you can get stipend while pursuing PhD course. As per the rules, the PhD candidates will be given stipend irrespective of the nationality. However, scholarship from Central Government cannot be received always. It depends on the scholarship you are opting. Most of the scholarships have an eligibility criteria as you must be citizen of India, so you will be ineligible for them. For scholarships which do not have any such criteria, you will be eligible for the scholarship.
7th July 2022, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a citizen of Nepal get stipend for Ph.D course in India? Can I apply for scholarship of Indian Government?

I am Neplese citizens and had completed PhD course in economics can i get stipend in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?