21st August 2016, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IELTS after 10th class with 58% marks?

Hi, I have just completed my 10th class and want to appear for IELTS. My 10th class marks in 58%. I want to know I am eligible for the same or not? Please share your answer.

21st August 2016, 10:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IELTS after 10th class with 58% marks?

IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. It is a standardised test which mainly tests your English Language Proficiency skills in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections. There is no specific eligibility criteria required to appear in IELTS examination. Anyone irrespective of age, gender, educational qualification, etc., are eligible to appear in IELTS examination. Since, you have passed 10th standard with 58% marks from a recognised board, you are eligible to appear in IELTS examination.
22nd August 2016, 12:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have just completed my 10th class and want to appear for IELTS. My 10th class marks in 58%. I want to know I am eligible for the same or not? Please share your answer.
After completion of 10th standard, you can apply for IELTS exam.

IELTS Stands for International English Language Testing System.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for IELTS Test. This examination is open for all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.

Your age should be above 16 years.
14th March 2019, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

how many minimum percentage required both in class10 or 12 please tell both classes minimum percentage required for canada
7th May 2019, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

I got only 53% in 10th class i m passed in all subjects now can i do\ the ilets or not if i go to abraod i can go or not only with 53%marks in 10th class if in 12th class %age is more require then i will do my Best in this class now answer my question
31st May 2019, 12:22 AM
Quiz Master

Yes , you can appear for IELTS exam after 10th Class. IELTS basically tests your English Proficiency and it does not require any specific criteria.

for more info you can check the official website :
https://www.ielts.org
3rd June 2019, 04:19 PM
rakesh8087

Quote:
how many minimum percentage required both in class10 or 12 please tell both classes minimum percentage required for canada
It varies from institution to institution but most of the universities intake students with minimum 60% aggregate in 12th. Otherwise eligibility criteria to apply in both cases are minimum 55%. If you are not satisfied with your current aggregate, you can give improvement tests to increase your marks or score high in IELTS. Contact for further information.
12th June 2019, 05:38 PM
inspirusedu

Yes, you can. Although there is no relation between your 10th class marks and the IELTS, you do need good % to get admission in good universities.
The IELTS is an exam that assesses your English language proficiency so you need to appear IELTS if you wish to study at a country where English is the primary language of communication.
Here is an IELTS preparation guide to help you out.
Visit IELTS coaching to get information on the IELTS.
Thanks
14th June 2019, 11:43 PM
ites
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for IELTS exam because there is no specific criteria for this exam.

It's for foreign national language test.
30th September 2019, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary for a cbse student who passed the 10th borad exam with 90%mark to write the IELTS EXAM
2nd January 2020, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for ielts with 58% in 10class cbse and 48% in 12 cbse ? Can i go to canada for study?
18th June 2020, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for ielts 10th failed
19th June 2020, 09:11 PM
ramsagarofficial

Quote:
You can apply but IELTS it's not required your 10th marks IELTS is how strong you are in all modules, listening, reading, writing, and speaking. IELTS score will use in further studies in abroad or immigration process.
9th August 2020, 03:55 PM
cambridgeinternational

IELTS does not depend upon 10th marks. You can join institute of IELTS near you or can read and solve IELTS sample papers online. Visit our IELTS institute page to get information on the IELTS.
4th December 2020, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

if i have a very less grades in class 10th so it is possible to complete ielts
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?