16th April 2014, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Confusion regarding minimum qualification and eligibility to study in New Zealand?

Please help me out to understand minimum qualifications and eligibility to study in New Zealand. Here I am providing details of my Qualification.

 Completed HSC from CBSE board with 84.6%
 Completed SSC from CBSE board with 79%(math, physics, chemistry).
 Completed engineering from Annamalai university(Computer sc.) in the year 2011.
 Currently employed with HCL Technologies as software Engineer.
 Expecting to take IELTS in a month or two.

My probation period with company is 18 months ending in Feb 2013. But universities in NZ ask minimum 2 yrs. exp. As I am not interested in extending my term with company so my experience will account to one and half years only.
Am I eligible to apply?

I will be very grateful to you if you can provide me some details regarding universities, fee structure, Visa clearance, scholarship programs etc.

7th January 2015, 10:07 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Confusion regarding minimum qualification and eligibility to study in New Zealand?

There is no need to worry about this issue, because, only few universities asks for work experience, so you can apply for other universities, which are offering admission without work experience. After selecting the universities, you should apply for admission in universities, by sending your Application form along with your IELTS test scores. Then the universities will send you an admission letter, if your academic profile satisfies university admission criteria.

FEE Expenses:-
Fee structure will depend upon the university, in which you wish to join. If you can join in state universities, you can complete your MS with minimum 10 lakhs. Because, the state universities will receive funds from regional governments. In other universities, the expenses for fee will be a minimum of 15 lakhs and it may increase depending upon university.

Applying for VISA:-
You can apply for VISA, by showing an admission letter from the university. If your VISA is approved, you can go abroad for further studies.

Scholarship:-
Each university offers scholarships only to few number of students. They will select the candidates, who have good academic profile. If you can satisfy following criteria, you will have a chance to get a scholarship.
1. Graduation - Above 70%
2. IELTS - Above 6.5 bands
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?