7th June 2016, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

How many sections are available to appear in GMAT? Duration of GMAT?

Sir, I want to apply for GMAT because I want to do MBA in Abroad. Can you tell me how many sections are available in GMAT? And tell me about the duration of GMAT.

8th June 2016, 12:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many sections are available to appear in GMAT? Duration of GMAT?

GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. It is an International MBA entrance examination which is conducted by GMAC for admission to MBA course in Abroad Universities.

There are four sections in GMAT examination. They are :-
1. Analytical Writing Assessment-30 minutes
2. Integrated Reasoning-30 minutes
3. Quantitative-75 minutes
4. Verbal-75 minutes

The total duration of GMAT examination is 3 hrs 30 minutes.
8th June 2016, 01:48 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many sections are available to appear in GMAT? Duration of GMAT?

GMAT stands for Graduate Management Aptitude Test. It is a computer adaptive test which is intended to assess candidate's analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills in written English for offering admission to MBA course in Abroad Universities.

There is no specific eligibility criteria mentioned by GMAC to appear in GMAT examination. However, only candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to get admission in MBA course.

GMAT Examination Pattern :-
The questions in GMAT examination will be asked from four different sections which are mentioned below :-

=> Section 1 - Analytical Writing Assessment :-
No. of Questions :-1 Topic
Question Types :- Analysis of Argument
Time :- 30 Minutes

=> Section 2 - Integrated Reasoning :-
No. of Questions :- 12 Questions
Question Types :- Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis,
Table Analysis
Time :- 30 Minutes

=> Section 3 - Quantitative :-
No. of Questions :- 37 Questions
Question Types :- Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving
Time :- 75 Minutes

=> Section 4 - Verbal :-
No. of Questions :- 41 Questions
Question Types :- Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction
Time :- 75 Minutes

The total duration of GMAT examination is 3.5 hours. The validity of GMAT examination is 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?