17th December 2014, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

With IELTS 5.5 band will I get Visa for USA?

I completed my M.Tech with 65% in Nov-2013. I got 5.5 Band in Ielts. I want to do MBA in USA. With 5.5 band could i get VISA for US?

17th December 2014, 10:38 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: With IELTS 5.5 band will I get Visa for USA?

There is a heavy competition to do MS in US. So, scoring good marks plays a key role for VISA. As you got 5.5 band in IELTS, it is not totally a bad score. Based on this IELTS band, your VISA will not be rejected, but you could not get in to a good college. You can get an average college. You can get VISA for this band.
17th December 2014, 11:30 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

The Chances of getting VISA will not depend upon your IELTS score. Your IELTS score will be useful for you only in getting admission in universities. If you can get admission with this score, you can apply for VISA by showing your admission letter. The VISA officer will offer you VISA, If you can satisfy him/her with your answers. So, there is no need to worry about your IELTS score.
18th December 2014, 03:55 PM
geet.divekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my M.Tech with 65% in Nov-2013. I got 5.5 Band in Ielts. I want to do MBA in USA. With 5.5 band could i get VISA for US?
Your visa approval does not depend on your IELTS score. If you have been accepted by a university and have your admission letter with you, you are good to go. There are other factors too that the visa officials look into such as: hy you are going, why this specific course, how will it help you, how many years do you look forward to stay there, are you coming back or going to stay there forever, etc.
5th April 2019, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

I got 5.5 in ielts and i did my graduation in india with one year late that means 5 years i took my graduation now is it possible to go us for ms please tell
17th September 2021, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

I got 5.5 band in IELTS and planning to study overseas .Can i get Admission over there for MS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?