6th September 2015, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam available to study PhD in USA for Integrated Dual Degree B.Tech-M.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year candidate? Can I get talent based scholarship to study?

Hello,
I am Abir Majumdar, student of IIEST, Shibpur in Integrated Dual Degree B.Tech-M.Tech 5 years course in the branch of Civil Engineering. Now I am in 2nd year. After completing this course I want to go USA to do PhD. For this, is there any kind of entrance exams that I can take admission in universities in USA? Is there any chance of getting talent based scholarship to do PhD there?

Related Questions:
  1. MBA in USA with scholarship after Dual Engineering degree?
  2. Can I directly do Ph.d after completion of my dual degree in Civil Engineering in JNTUH?
  3. Can I get scholarship to study in USA through SAT? Reference books for preparation of SAT?
  4. Detailed procedure to study MS in Germany, US or UK for a candidate who has secured 83.8% in B.E.(ECE)?
  5. Scholarship to study in USA through SAT for 12th student? Is it worthy to prepare for SAT from now?
  6. How can I get scholarship to study Integrated Ph.D program without GATE?
  7. Detailed procedure to study Integrated PhD program from a recognized university for MBA(Finance) 2nd year student?
  8. Scholarship for pursuing PhD in USA or Germany?
  9. Where should I study M.Sc in USA or UK? Ful time or part time? Cost, duration, universities and admission?
  10. How can I study MS in Abroad with scholarship being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  11. How to study MS in USA? I am doing B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering
  12. Possibility to study M.Sc(Astrophysics) in USA with scholarship? List of colleges and percentage required to get admission?
  13. How can I get Admission in USA for Engineering after Diploma in IT? Minimum percentage required and scholarship?
  14. Universities having dual degree of M.SC-Phd? Entrance exam, cut offs and question paper patters for M.SC-P.Hd dual degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Details of different scholarship exams to study MS in USA after Engineering in electronics? Minimum budget required to study there?
  16. JNU offers scholarship to study PhD in Chemistry for financially weak candidate?
  17. How can I get full Ph.D scholarship in applied chemistry to do in US?
  18. Specialization available to study in PhD for MCA candidate? Entrance exam to get scholarship?
26th July 2023, 04:17 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam available to study PhD in USA for Integrated Dual Degree B.Tech-M.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year candidate? Can I get talent based scholarship to study?

Congratulations on your decision to pursue a PhD in Civil Engineering in the US! There are a number of entrance exams that you can take to gain admission to PhD programs in the US. Some of the most common exams include:
  • GRE General Test: The GRE General Test is a standardized test that is required for admission to many graduate programs in a variety of fields, including Civil Engineering.

• GRE Subject Test in Civil Engineering: The GRE Subject Test in Civil Engineering is a specialized test that is designed to assess your knowledge of Civil Engineering concepts and principles.

• TOEFL: The TOEFL is a standardized test of English language proficiency.

• IELTS: The IELTS is another standardized test of English language proficiency.[COLOR=var(--bard-color-on-surface-variant)][/COLOR]

In addition to the entrance exams, you will also need to meet the academic requirements of the university or college that you want to attend. These requirements will vary from university to university, but they typically include a minimum GPA and a certain number of credits in specific subjects.
You will also need to submit a personal statement, letters of recommendation, and transcripts from your undergraduate studies.
There are a number of talent-based scholarships available for PhD students in the US. Some of the most well-known scholarships include:
  • Fulbright Scholarships: The Fulbright Scholarships are a US government-funded program that offers scholarships for graduate study in the US. Scholarships are available for master's and doctoral degrees in a variety of fields, including Civil Engineering.

• Chevening Scholarships: The Chevening Scholarships are a prestigious award offered by the British government to international students who want to study in the UK. Scholarships are available for master's degrees in a variety of fields, including Civil Engineering.

• DAAD Scholarships: The DAAD Scholarships are a German government-funded program that offers scholarships for graduate study in Germany. Scholarships are available for master's and doctoral degrees in a variety of fields, including Civil Engineering.[COLOR=var(--bard-color-on-surface-variant)][/COLOR]

To be eligible for most scholarships, you will need to have a good academic record and a strong application. You will also need to demonstrate your interest in studying Civil Engineering and your potential to make a contribution to the field.
The application process for scholarships can vary, so it is important to check the requirements carefully. However, most scholarships will require you to submit an application form, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?