16th June 2015, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Whether GRE and TOEFL exams are same or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in US? List of universities which offer admission through TOEFL and GRE?
  2. What shall I do to MS from abroad in CS stream?
  3. Will it be okay to appear in GRE and TOEFL after dropping job? If I am doing so shall I have to show job experience?
  4. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying M.Tech in USA?
  5. Are TOEFL and GRE tests enough for MS in US? -- [New]
  6. In which entrance exam should I appear between GRE and TOEFL to study MS?
  7. How to prepare effectively for GRE and TOEFL exams?
  8. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  9. Is it a good choice for me of doing MS in Aerospace Engineering? Will there be any Entrance Exam to join this course?
  10. Eligibility to appear in GRE and TOEFL for a candidate secured 90%, 92% and 58% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech respectively?
  11. When to start the preparations for GMAT, GRE, TOEFL? How to prepare for these exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Whether GRE and TOEFL are enough to study MBA in abroad? Procedure to apply, preparation tips and last date to apply for GRE and TOEFL?
  13. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  14. Is there any way to apply for Ph.D in US without doing GRE/TOEFL?
  15. How should I appear for GRE and TOEFL? I have completed B.E
  16. Procedure to study M.S. in abroad? Is GRE and TOEFL necessary?
  17. Whether it is possible to get admission without GRE or TOEFL?
  18. When will I be eligible for GRE and TOEFL exams?
21st June 2015, 07:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether GRE and TOEFL exams are same or not?

No, GRE and TOEFL examinations are not same. GRE is a standardized test which is taken by candidates who wish to pursue their Master's in US. GRE score helps you to get admission in Master's degree course in US universities. TOEFL is a standardized test which helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency skills in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections. To get admission in Master's degree course in US universities, you need to appear in both TOEFL and GRE examinations.
21st June 2015, 10:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether GRE and TOEFL exams are same or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
GRE and TOEFL exams are not same exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language.

There is no any eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?