Government Jobs in Food Sector
Food and Beverage Industry in India is valued at more than 3500 billion rupees and India holds the pride of being one among the largest producers of Food products in the world. Every year, India produces more than 600 million tonnes of food products and this industry registered a growth rate of 8.5% during the financial year 2005-06.
The Indian food sector also includes Food Processing Industry, which is an employment intensive industry. The food sector in India offers a wide range of employment opportunities not only in public sector organizations, but also in private sector as well. The list of public sector companies in the food sector of India is given below:
Government Companies in Food Sector:
• Food Corporation of India
• Department of Food and public distribution of Government of India
• Central Warehousing Corporation
• Public distribution shops in different parts of the country
Recent job openings and job positions in the food sector:
In the food sector in India, recently the following job openings were announced:
Food Corporation of India:
Recently, Food Corporation of India called applications from eligible candidates for the following positions:
• Deputy General Manager - Accounts
• Deputy General Manager – General Administration
• Deputy General Manager – Electrical/Mechanical
• Assistant General Manager - Accounts
• Assistant General Manager – Movement
• Assistant General Manager - Technical
• Assistant General Manager - Legal
• Assistant General Manager – General Administration
• Medical Officer
Eligibility requirement to enter the Government Food Sector jobs:
The eligibility requirements purely depend on the position for which applications are invited from candidates. For instance, in the aforesaid positions, FCI called for applications from candidates with professional qualification like CFA/ACS/AICWA/ACA for the position of Deputy General Manager (Accounts), while for the position of Assistant General Manager (legal), candidates with a degree in law were invited to apply.
What can be the pay scale in Government organizations in food sector?
For the aforesaid positions, the pay scale fixed for Deputy Manager positions was Rs. 24900-50500, while for Assistant General Manager positions it was fixed as Rs. 20600-46500.
Scope of Food Sector in India:
Food processing sector, which is a wing of Food sector alone is creating 64 job opportunities indirectly and 18 job opportunities directly every year and this industry is currently employing among 35 million people indirectly and 13 million people indirectly. Government of India is also encouraging this industry to improve their value addition from 20% to 30% and to improve their processing level from 6% to 20%, which in turn is expected to create more and more employment opportunities in the future.
- Salaries after B.Tech in Food Technology
- Government Jobs in Consumer Service Sector
- Dairy products as significant pearls of the food technology course
- Career after B Sc Home Science
- Difference between Food Scientist and Food Science Technician
- Government Jobs in the field of Home Science
- Jobs after M.Sc Environmental Science
- Career after M. Sc Home Science
- Higher study and career options after B.Tech in Food Technology
- Difference between M.Sc in Food Science and M.Sc in Home Science
- Jobs in Industrial sector
- Government Jobs in Civil Supplies Sector
- Scope after B.Tech in Food Technology
- Government Jobs in the Field of Food Science Technology
- Food Scientist - How to become a Food Scientist?