Pay Scale for Research Intern in Government Jobs
Internship is a method of on-the-job training for white-collar jobs, which is similar to apprenticeship. Interns are normally university or college students; however, they can also be Post graduate adults or high school students looking for a fresh career. The internship programme offers the facility of gaining experience to the students in their field. Research interns are also students like other interns and they are normally paid on stipend basis rather than on pay scale basis. When it comes to research internship in government organizations, different government organizations offer different stipend to the students.
Recently, the following government organizations recruited candidates for the position of research interns and the appropriate stipend offered by these companies are also given below:
• National Physical Laboratory – Consolidated pay of Rs.15000 per month
• National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science & Technology – Stipend of Rs.11500 per month
• Central Road Research Institute - Stipend of Rs.11500 per month
Even though, internship is like on-the-job training, some educational qualifications are required by the government organizations from candidates, who wish to apply for this position. Therefore, the educational qualification required by the above-mentioned government organizations that recently recruited candidates for the position of research intern are given below:
• National Physical Laboratory – First-class degree in M. Sc Physics
• National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science & Technology – M.A/M. Sc in Computer Science or B. Tech/B.E in electronics/information technology/computer science
• Central Road Research Institute – B.E/B. Tech in Civil Engineering
Period of Internship:
Normally, research interns are appointed only for a specific number of months or years. This period might not be more than two years. Candidates joining as research interns can get confirmed placement opportunity in the same government organizations based on their performance during the internship period.
In most of the government organizations, the upper age limit of candidates to apply for the position of research intern is fixed to be 25 years.
Performance of candidates in interview is normally followed as criteria for selection of candidates for the position of research intern.
Benefits of joining as Research intern:
Research Intern is a position that can very-well act as a booster for candidates who wish to engage in research activities and this position enables them to learn a lot while in the period of training. Candidates can grab this opportunity to get a permanent placement opportunity in the same government organization by performing well during the internship period. They can also make use of the internship certificate to find good job opportunities in the future.
- Research Associate, Junior Research Fellow, National Physical Laboratory
- Project Assistant, Research Intern, National Physical Laboratory
- Salaries after M.Sc Physics
- Marketing Jobs in Mumbai
- Jobs after M.Sc Mathematics
- Pay scale for Junior Research Fellow in Government Jobs
- Pay scale for Scale-I Officer in Government Jobs
- Pay Scale for Scientists in Government jobs
- Pay scale for Research Officer in Government Jobs
- Government jobs after M.Sc Agricultural Physics
- Jobs after M.Sc Environmental Science
- Pay scale for Registrar in Government Jobs
- Jobs in Agriculture Sector
- Pay scale for Project Fellow Government Jobs
- Pay scale for Ayurvedic Medical Officer in Government Jobs