Recruitment Process for Scientist/Engineer post in ISRO
ISRO invites applications each year for the post of Scientist/Engineers. Fresh graduates who have specialised in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical can apply. An aggregate score of 65% during graduation is a must. Recruitment is based on written test and interview. The selected candidates will fall in the pay band of Rs 15600-39100.
Education Qualification for Scientist/Engineer post
The qualification required for Scientist/ Engineer post is B.E., B.Tech, BSc (Eng), Grad IETE, AMIE. Candidates who have specialised in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical field can apply. First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks is a must. Those awaiting results too can apply too.
Age Limit for Scientist/Engineer post
Normally the age limit for apply for the post of Scientist/ Engineer is 35 years. Incase the candidate applying belongs to SC/ST the age limit is 40 years. The age limit for OBC candidates is 38 years.
Selection Procedure for Scientist/Engineer post
Application of candidates who have an aggregate score of 65% in the qualifying exam will be screened. The bio-data and academic performance of all the applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test. Based on the score in the written test the candidates will be called for the interview round.
Pay and Allowance for Scientist/Engineer post
The pay band for the selected candidates will be Rs 15600- 39100. In addition they will be eligible for house rent allowance and transport allowance. This will vary depending on the place of posting and rates in force. Other than this medical allowance for self and family, subsidized canteen usage are some of the benefits available.
Application procedure for Scientist/Engineer post
The application forms are available online once the vacancy is published. After the registration process the candidates will need to take print of the challan. The challan will contain details like Name, Receipt Account Number, Registration Number, Post No, Advertisement No. Three copies of the same are required. One copy of the challan will be retained the bank, one to be retained by the applicant and one copy needs to be sent to the ISRO Bangalore office. The application must be sent to the address mentioned below
Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore -560 231
Applications belonging to Scheduled Castes , Scheduled Tribes are exempted. Women, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities too are exempted from payment of application fee. These applicants need to take two copies of the personalised registration form. One copy of the application is to be retained by the applicant and the other needs to be sent to ISRO along with proof.
- Scientist/Engineer, Indian Space Research Organisation
- Scientist/Engineer, ISRO Satellite Centre
- Group-A Gazetted and non-Gazetted Posts - Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- ISRO Placement Papers
- ISRO 2011
- Space Applications Centre (ISRO) – Scientist/Engineer
- Astronaut - How to become an Astronaut?
- ISRO Placement Preparation Tips and Placement Process
- Administrative Officer, Accounts Officer, Indian Space Research Organisation
- ISRO Electronics and Communication Engineering Papers
- Graduate Apprentice - Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), ISRO
- ISRO Computer Science Papers
- Various Posts, ISRO Telemetry Tracking And Command Network
- Technician Apprentice - Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), ISRO
- Technician, Cook, and Driver - SDSC SHAR, ISRO, A.P