Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Examination 2011
The Indian Navy Department offers a selection for those eligible candidates who are interested in applying for the post of Dockyard Apprentice within the Navy Jurisdiction. The navy selects the candidate through an entrance exam method and the test is held twice every year, in the month of December and July. A very unique system called the choice-cum-merit is offered to the selected candidates, who clear the test within the Indian Navy. The process of recruitment is only for those candidates who have just passed out their class tenth exam. The initial based training for the individual candidates are offered at the Naval Dockyard School, in Mumbai. Afterwards, the individual candidates receive their remaining training in different naval establishment across the nation.
The defense department of the Indian Navy is one of the most recognized wings within the country and has been the most important organizations to offers great career to the individual candidates which are little adventurous and carry a heart for their country. As we all know, been a part of the prestigious Indian Navy is a matter of great glory as well as respect for the individual. The associated opportunities for the candidates are in great value and they can easily cult out a very attractive as well as stable career out of it. For all of the above reasons, a very large number of candidates apply for the exam but only few makes it to the final round. The entrance exam for the selection is held in nearly forty cities across the nation.
Trades provided by the Indian Navy:
• Mechanic Diesel
• Crane Operator
• Ref and Air condition Mechanic
• Shipwright and Maintenance Mechanic
• Non-Designated: Engine Fitter, Ship Fitter, Radar Fitter, Machinery Control Fitter, Sonar Fitter, Electronic Fitter, GT Fitter
Candidates must be between 14 years and 19 years of age and should have passed matriculate (10th) examination with science stream. There is 5 years upper age limit relaxation given to SC/ST candidates.
• Weight: Candidate should have a minimum weight of 45 kg.
• Height: Height should be atleast 150 cm.
• Chest: Should be well developed with minimum expansion of 5 cm
• Eye Sight: 6/6 to 6/9 (6/9 correctable with glasses)
How to Apply:
Admission notification is released twice a year in the Employment News and all leading National/Regional Newspapers. Candidates can either send a handwritten/typed application form (on an A4 size paper) according to the format given in the admission notification or download the application form from the website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
First candidates are called for screening of documents, physical measurements and medical examination to check the educational qualification and physical and medical fitness of the candidates. The candidates who clear the initial procedure are called for a written test.
Written test comprises of two papers of 100 marks each and 3 hours duration. First paper is of Mathematics and the second paper is of General Knowledge and General Science.
Candidates who clear the written test are called for interviews which are conducted at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bengaluru.
Head Quarters Minister of Defence (Navy)
48, A Block Hutment
New Delhi- 110011
Website : www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
- How to Prepare for Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam?
- List of Navy Entrance Exams
- How to prepare for Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam?
- List of Defense Service Entrance Exams
- How to prepare for Defense Entrance Exams?
- Indian Navy Artificer Appprentices 2011
- Special Railway Apprentices Exam Papers
- Difference between Indian Navy and Merchant Navy
- Sailors (Male), Indian Navy
- SSC Officer Pilot, Indian Navy
- Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam 2012
- Sailors, The Indian Navy
- Logistic Cadre of Executive Branch, Indian Navy, SSC
- SSC Officer Pilot, The Indian Navy
- Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer, Indian navy