Essential Details on CITLET
CITLET is an entrance exam conducted by the Central Institute of Technology (CIT), Kokrajhar, Assam. CIT is an institute centrally funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development under the Government of India. The entrance test is conducted for admission to the third semester of B.Tech degree programs in the institute. Admissions are done towards six specialisations in B.Tech degree under the lateral entry scheme. Diploma holders in any stream of engineering with a minimum of 60% marks can apply.
Branches of Study Offered
The Central Institute of Technology offers six different branches of study with six seats reserved for lateral entry in each of the six branches. The branches offered for study are as follows.
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics and Communication (ECE)
- Food Processing Technology (FPT)
- Instrumentation Engineering (IE)
- Civil Engineering with specialisation in Construction Technology (CE)
- Information Technology (IT)
Eligibility Criteria for CITLET
Candidates must have passed diploma in any field of engineering given above with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Candidates with Bachelor of Science with maths as a compulsory subject and 55% marks can apply as well. The maximum age limit is 40 years as on the day of admission.
Pattern for CITLET
The entrance test has a total worth of 100 marks with the questions to be completed within the duration of two and a half hours. The test comprises of two papers with the first paper of 60 marks and the other, paper 2 of 40 marks. The first paper consists of questions from fields of physics, computer, graphics, chemistry, English, computer awareness and mathematics. The second paper has questions from the field of specialisation the candidate desires to pursue. The questions are in the form of multiple-choice with four options of answer for each question. The students currently pursuing the course at the institute with 65% or equivalent CGPA need not have to attend the entrance test.
Centre and Date of CITLET
The entrance test is held on the first Sunday of the month of May every year. The centre of examination is usually based at Kokrajhar but is subject to change according to the decision of the admission committee.
Application Procedure for CITLET
Application forms can be downloaded either from the website of CITLET or it can be collected from the following centres.
- CIT, Kokrajhar
- Cotton College, Guwahati
- Diamond English School, Udalguri
- St. Johns HSS School, Barama, Baksa
- UN College, Kajalgaon, Chirang
Filled up application forms should be submitted to the CIT, Kokrajhar before last date.
- Manager, Officer, Scooters India Limited
- Job Interviews — Types and Preparation Tips
- Dy. Manager, Assistant Manager, Rajasthan Drugs & Pharmaceticals Limited
- IT Advisor in Allahabad Bank – Eligibility Criteria and Application Procedure
- Government Jobs in Teaching Sector
- Admission Process for PGDM in IMDR
- Details on Vignan University Guntur Management Aptitude Test V-MAT
- Eligibility and Application Procedure for Civil Services Exam 2013
- Top 7 tips on Effective Time Management for Class 12 students
- Eligibility and Application Procedure for SSC Sub Inspector/Asst Sub Inspector Recruitment 2013
- MBA Admission in Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA)
- Admission Process for M.Sc (Botany) in Delhi University
- Application Form of NIMCET Entrance Exam
- Industrial Hygienist – How to become an Industrial Hygienist?
- Difference between M.Tech and M.S in India