17th March 2015, 03:26 AM
Unregistered

Admission criteria for Diploma holders to do engineering?

I would like to know the admission criteria for diploma holders in MSRIT, Don Bosco, Sambhram? I have completed my Diploma in E&C with an aggregate of 80% and attending EET (Engg Entrance Test) this July. Is there any chance of me getting admitted at any of the above mentioned colleges? I belong to GM category and expecting a ranking of within 500. Kindly provide me with details and do the needful.

Related Questions:
  1. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible in IIT? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?
  2. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible for BE? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?
  3. Do Diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year? Is it true that there is no entrance exam for diploma holders?
  4. How can the diploma holders take admission in MCA or MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which colleges offer Lateral entry in engineering for diploma holders in Chandigarh and other states?
  6. Admisson in IIT for Diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering
  7. How to get SSN engineering college admission form? Are diploma holders eligible?
  8. Should I do directly do M.Tech after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exams I need to write?
  9. What is the date of availability of forms of PWD for engineering diploma holders?
  10. How to get admission in B.Coma after completing diploma computer engineering course from Technical Education Board Gujarat
  11. What is the eligibility criteria to do B.Tech in Himachal Pradesh after completion polytechincal course in Computer Science engineering?
  12. What are the jobs in government field for diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Can diploma holders join Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  14. Date of conduct of CET for diploma holders for engineering?
  15. What are the higher study options for diploma holders in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  16. Admission in BITS Pilani to study B.Tech for Diploma holder who had backlog in last semester?
  17. How may I get government job information for diploma holders in electronics and communication engineering?
  18. Admission in 2nd year of engineering after Diploma in Printing Technology?
18th March 2015, 05:18 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission criteria for Diploma holders to do engineering?

LEET exam stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test which is conducted to take admission into direct entry in 2nd year after Diploma.

Eligibility criteria:-

You must have completed your Diploma from any State Board of Technical Education.

You must have cleared your diploma with minimum 60% marks and you must not have any live backlogs in Diploma.

Your age should not exceed 28 years at the time of admission.

Exam pattern of LEET Exam :

There will be two papers as per details given below:

Paper I General

Paper II Professional

Duration of test : 180 minutes (150 Questions)

The question paper will contain multiple choice objective type questions of one mark each.

Paper-I : Contain 60 questions in all with 15 questions in each of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.

Paper-II : Contain 90 questions in the relevant engineering.
18th March 2015, 10:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are a Diploma Engineering holder and want admission in a Engineering degree course then you must apply for any lateral entry entrance exam which is mostly conducted on the state level. For Example, West Bengal has JELET and Uttar Pradesh has UPSEE.

These lateral entry entrance exams will allow you to get admission in 2nd year of the engineering as you have a Diploma qualification in a Engineering discipline. You will be eligible for lateral entry in the same discipline in which you have done your Diploma.
24th March 2015, 01:27 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

It depends on the selection criteria of college's which you mention there. As you secure 500th rank than according to me its a good score and you might get seat in college. I think there is some chances that you got admission there.

For you my advice is that first of all you check previous year selection list of college. Check weather any student get admission within ranking near to you or not. You may contact college for more information or discuss this matter about senior students of that college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?