8th January 2017, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NDA after completion of diploma?

Sir, Currently I am a diploma student, but want to appear for NDA. So can I appear for NDA after diploma or graduation? In our diploma course maths physics and chemistry is there. Can you please give me the details on this soon? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for NDA after completion of diploma?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for diploma in civil after completion of diploma in electronics? -- [New]
  3. Can I apply for NDA after completion of Diploma course?
  4. Can a Female student apply for NDA exam after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for applying engineering course in other state after completion of polytechnic diploma course?
  6. Is it possible for me to get a job in Army or Air Force after completion of diploma in Electrical engineering?
  7. Am I eligible to do diploma in Pharmacy after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to appear for DRDO diploma post after completion of diploma course?
  9. Is it possible for diploma students to join NDA?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for NDA entrance exam after completion of 12th standard?
  11. How to apply for AMIE after completion of diploma with CS course?
  12. Am I eligible to take diploma civil after completion of 12th standard?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for defense if I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering and 26 years old? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to get admission in NDA after 10th? How much percentage is required for it?
  15. Am I eligible to give JEE exam after completion of diploma course? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to apply for NDA after completing 10+ Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  17. What all jobs we are eligible to apply after completion of diploma in Electronics?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?
10th January 2017, 04:58 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA after completion of diploma?

National Defence Academy entrance exam eligibility criteria:

Minimum qualification for this exam is 10+2 in any stream for Indian Army and science stream with Physics and Mathematics for Navy and Air Force.

Diploma candidates are not eligible for NDA entrance examination.
10th January 2017, 07:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, Currently I am a diploma student, but want to appear for NDA. So can I appear for NDA after diploma or graduation? In our diploma course maths physics and chemistry is there. Can you please give me the details on this soon? Thank you!
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for NDA entrance exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army. The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
10th January 2017, 08:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy meant for giving training and education to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination and is looking to be a commissioned officer in Indian defense.

Being a diploma degree holder you are not eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination as for the same regular Class 12th degree is required. Further as you are concerned about appearing in NDA entrance examination after your graduation then in my view you will not be eligible for the same examination as your age will be over the age limit requirement for the same examination by the time you complete your graduation degree.

But after completing your graduation you will be eligible for CDS entrance examination which is an entry very similar to NDA.

For more details about NDA entrance examination and CDS entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in
10th January 2017, 08:51 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NDA after completion of diploma.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-Selection of candidates are made based on their performance in the written examination and personal interview conducted by the Service Selection Board.
10th January 2017, 11:03 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma holders are not eligible to apply for NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination's on the basis of Diploma course. Yes, the minimum educational qualification required basically varies from examination to examination.

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for NDA Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university. As Diploma is not a 12th Class course, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for NDA Examination is 12th in 10+2 pattern.
10th January 2017, 11:57 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted twice every year by UPSC for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, candidates passed diploma degree are not eligible to appear for examination for more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?