18th April 2017, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become loco pilot after completion of diploma in information technology?

Sir/Mam, I am doing diploma in information technology from government polytechnic Lucknow and I have also completed 12th by 82.8% can I become a loco pilot after doing diploma? Can you please tell me the criteria which is followed? Awaiting to get the response.

18th April 2017, 11:37 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become loco pilot after completion of diploma in information technology?

To apply for the post of loco pilot in Indian Railways maximum educational qualification required is must pass matriculation and ITI course with any group.

Age limit is 18 years to 28 years.

Being graduate in B.Tech with the mechanical engineering, you are eligible to apply for loco pilot post but it is lower post.

So, better to apply for engineering level posts in Indian Railways like:-

Technical Department

Indian Railway Traffic Services

Indian Railway Store Traffic Services

Managerial Posts.
18th April 2017, 01:09 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become loco pilot after completion of diploma in information technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, I am doing diploma in information technology from government polytechnic Lucknow and I have also completed 12th by 82.8% can I become a loco pilot after doing diploma? Can you please tell me the criteria which is followed? Awaiting to get the response.

Sorry, you are not eligible to become Assistant Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after completion of Diploma in Information Technology. The eligibility is as follows: Candidates with Matriculation or equivalent under 10+2 system and course Act Apprentice or ITI recognized SCVT/NCVT or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile Engineering recognized by AICTE or higher qualification. Being a Diploma holder in Information Technology you are not eligible to apply for the Assistant Loco Pilot post in Indian Railways. You can apply for various other posts in Indian Railways which suits your qualifications. The recruitment for Indian Railways will be done through Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). The RRB website link is Click Here
18th April 2017, 02:50 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Those candidates who have completed his 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board of education and who have completed his diploma in Automobiles or in Mechanical or in Electronics or in Electrical are eligible to apply for the loco pilot post. You have completed your diploma in Information Technology so you are not eligible to apply for the post of Loco Pilot.
18th April 2017, 09:28 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to become a Loco Pilot since you have completed your class 12th with a very good percentage 82.8% of marks.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board can apply for Loco Pilot.
Candidates age must be in between 21 to 30 years.
Candidates must have to qualify in the RRB examination in order to be eligible for the said course.
18th April 2017, 11:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, information technology is not the right stream for loco pilot post. You need to have at least a diploma in electrical/automobile/mechanical engineering stream.

If you have ITI qualification in the trades like electrician, then also you will be eligible for it.
28th April 2021, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

It dipoma eglible loco motive
20th July 2021, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a loco pilot after mechatronics
6th August 2021, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply loco pilot I done my diploma in mechanical engineering having no experience and pursue my btech with same extreme and my diploma is completed after 10th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?