30th September 2016, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get government job after completion of diploma through lateral?

Sir/Mam,

I am perusing polytechnic diploma through lateral entry after doing 10 2 with math . is this degree valid for government job ? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the complete information as soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.

please inform me

Related Questions:
30th September 2016, 08:47 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get government job after completion of diploma through lateral?

Yes, the degree is valid to get government jobs and candidates after appearing and qualifying in respective entrance examination are eligible for recruitment in jobs.

After diploma degree you can appear for entrance examination conducted by PSU'S or Railway etc. to get government jobs.

Candidates must have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection for job.
30th September 2016, 09:20 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get government job after completion of diploma through lateral?

Yes, candidates are eligible to get admission in diploma course after 10+2. The course duration after 10+2 will be two year.

So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in entrance examination eligible for job.

There are job option in public as well as private sector for the candidates :-

DMRC.

IOCL.

Indian Railway.

Bihar Power Companies.
30th September 2016, 11:19 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are also eligible fir government job through lateral entry also.
After completing Diploma you need to fill up forms for the eligible posts and then clear exams as well as interview or any other required activities. Then only you will be eligible to acquire position in government sector.
30th September 2016, 12:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get government job after completion of your Diploma course through lateral entry. If the Diploma holders are eligible to apply for government job then, you can apply for government job. There are less government job opportunities available to candidates who have completed Diploma course. For most of the government jobs, the minimum required qualification s completion of graduation in any discipline from a recognised university. So, if the government allows Diploma holders to apply for job then, you are eligible to apply for government job.
30th September 2016, 01:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for government job if you pursue your degree through Lateral Entry Entrance Test. But make sure to score higher marks in your degree because freshers have only this criteria to get job in private or government firms. You need not to worry about it you just need to concentrate on your studies.
30th September 2016, 02:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Diploma qualification enough or sufficient for the job recruitment's for which "Diploma" or Polytechnic as a minimum qualification required. But yes, there are numerous job opportunities for candidates from Diploma background. Some of the top government organizations that recruit Diploma based candidates are,

>> Indian Railways
>> BHEL
>> NTPC
>> HPCL
>> Coal Indian
>> IOCL
>> ONGC
>> Power Grid
>> RITES
>> NMDC
>> Airport Authority of India
>> BPCL
>> NACL

In general, the minimum required qualification for the post of Technician or its equivalent in the above said organization's is "Diploma or Polytechnic" from a recognized university.
30th September 2016, 04:20 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get government job after completion if diploma in lateral.

Lateral entry certificate is equally valid as that of regular certificate.

The certificate must be issued by any AICTE
recognized institution.

Lateral entry candidates are not restricted in applying any public sector jobs.

You can apply for all competitive exams
conducted by SSC, UPSC, etc.

Matching jobs in railways can be applied through the website of RRB. You can apply for matching jobs in banks,
PSU, as well.
30th September 2016, 06:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes the diploma degree through lateral entry of two years after Class 12th is considered to have same value as that a regular three year diploma degree has and hence you are eligible for any government job which asks for higher secondary school degree or any equivalent degree on the basis of your educational qualification.

Once you complete your diploma you have the chances of getting jobs in various government offices at the post of lower divisional clerk through SSC CHSL examination or in Indian defense sector as an officer or tradesman by clearing NDA entrance examination or CEE ( Common Eligibility Examination ) respectively. Apart from this you will be eligible for various group C and group D posts in various government departments on the basis of your educational qualification.
30th September 2016, 06:40 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

For most of the Government jobs, the minimum required eligibility is a graduate with minimum passing marks from the recognized University/Institution. so, one who wishes to write various entrance examinations like UPSC/IBPS/SBI/SSC-CGL/SSC must possess graduation degree.

Being a diploma holder, you can complete Graduation degree through lateral entry from any recognized University to become eligible for various Govt. job opportunities.
30th September 2016, 09:42 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are very much eligible for the govt. jobs which are there for the candidates who hold a technical diploma.

However, you will not be eligible for the jobs, which require a full fledged degree as the diploma is equivalent to the degree.

I would advice you to keep a tab on the recruitment advertisements and keep looking for a job.

If you cannot find one, you can take the admission in the engineering degree on the basis of this diploma only through the lateral entry.
30th September 2016, 11:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can get Government jobs after being completing your Diploma course through lateral entry process, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Diploma courses can apply for the Government jobs in the Government sector.
All you need to do is that apply in Government Sectors for the jobs or else appear in the Government job oriented examinations to get the jobs.
1st October 2016, 12:10 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to avail a government job after completion of your Diploma course via lateral entry, provided you should have completed your course from a recognized board.

You should look for various government job vacancies as and when announced and should apply for it as soon as possible, you will find most of the vacancies in railway sectors and in Indian Army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?