30th September 2016, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join AIEEE lateral entry after completion of diploma?

Sir/Mam,

Am I eligible to join AIEEE lateral entry after completion of diploma? Can you please provide me the complete information on this? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon with the answer on the same. Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
30th September 2016, 06:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join AIEEE lateral entry after completion of diploma?

AIEEE stands for All India Engineering Entrance Examination.

This examination is no more conducted and has been replaced by Joint Entrance Examination Main which is also conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. Diploma candidates can apply for Joint Entrance Examination Main for admission in National Institute of Technology and other engineering colleges.

*In order to apply for JEE Main, you must have at least 60% marks in Diploma.
30th September 2016, 08:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join AIEEE lateral entry after completion of diploma?

AIEEE examination has been replaced by JEE Main examination. JEE Main examination score is used for getting admission in NIT and as a gateway for appearing in JEE Advanced examination. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get lateral entry admission through JEE Main examination as NITs and IITs does not offer lateral entry admissions in B.Tech course. To get lateral entry admission in B.Tech course, you have to appear and qualify the LEET examination conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board.
30th September 2016, 08:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

At present AIEEE Examination is no longer exists. So there is no use of discussing the eligibility criteria. As you have asked, I am providing my detailed answer which will clarify your doubt fully. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in AIEEE Entrance Examination was 12th Class from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern. Or candidates who have done their Diploma in 10+3 pattern are also eligible to appear in AIEEE Examination. As for your answer, yes Candidates who are from Diploma background were also eligible to apply.
30th September 2016, 09:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no AIEEE for lateral entry in B.Tech/B.E course after diploma degree.

To get admission in B.Tech/B.E course through lateral entry candidates have to appear and qualify in LEET.

The common eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed diploma from any recognised university with minimum 60%.

So, you can appear for entrance examination conducted by private and government universities for admission in 2nd year of course directly after diploma.
30th September 2016, 09:53 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** All India Engineering Entrance Examination is one of the most sort after Engineering Entrance Exams held in India.

** For this examination candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board with a minimum of 45%.

** As per my knowledge, no you are not eligible to join AIEEE lateral entry after completion of diploma.
30th September 2016, 10:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The full of AIEEE is All India Engineering Entrance Examination. Now AIEEE is not conducted but Joint Entrance Examination Main is considered equivalent to it. JEE Main is also conducted by CBSE.

Eligibility criteria for JEE Main for diploma candidate:

Diploma candidate should have minimum of 60% marks in diploma to apply for this examination. You must have done diploma from a recognized technical institute.

You should apply for JEE Main examination and clear it to get admission in National Institute of Technology, IIITs or other government engineering colleges.
30th September 2016, 11:06 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Examination and it is conducted for admission of candidates in B.Tech/B.E course in 2nd year after diploma degree.

So, you need to appear for LEET examination instead of AIEEE for admission in course through Lateral entry.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed diploma from any recognised board.

So, you can prepare for examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for admission.
30th September 2016, 11:38 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to join AIEEE through lateral entry even after completing Diploma. You need to clear entrance test for this then only you will be eligible to pursue this.
30th September 2016, 11:38 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

First of all, there is nothing like AIEEE anymore.

There is only one exam conducted for the admission in the IITs as well as the NITs, i.e. JEE.

Yes, you are eligible for the JEE as it requires the 12th standard or any equivalent exam.

When you read the notification, you will find that the equivalent exam contains the diploma as well as Diploma is equivalent to the 12th standard.

You should have a technical diploma for the JEE to take the admission in the IITs or NITs.
1st October 2016, 12:10 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no lateral entry through AIEEE as to get admission in B.Tech or B.E course after diploma course candidates have to appear and qualify in LEET ( Lateral Entry Entrance Test).

So, if you want to get admission in course through lateral entry in 2nd year of B.Tech or B.E appear for LEET. The examination is conducted by various private and government institutions.

Some of government universities which conducts entrance examination are AKTU, PTU etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?