18th April 2017, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IPS examination after diploma in mechanical engineering? Is it possible to clear the exam?

I am a diploma student can I apply for IPS examination and I am doing diploma after second PUC commerce and how can I join? Which books I should refer to clear the exam? Can someone please guide me with the needed details? Thank you!

18th April 2017, 02:24 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS examination after diploma in mechanical engineering? Is it possible to clear the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a diploma student can I apply for IPS examination and I am doing diploma after second PUC commerce and how can I join? Which books I should refer to clear the exam? Can someone please guide me with the needed details? Thank you!

Sorry, you cannot apply for IPS examinations after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering course. The Civil Service Examinations (IAS, IPS etc) are conducted by the UPSC. The eligibility to apply for the Civil Service Examination is a pass in graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. So you have to study graduation in any discipline (like BE or BTech or BA or B.Com) after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering to apply for Civil Service Examinations. The Civil Service Examination consists of three parts. They are Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Interview. The examinations are conducted once in every year. Yes, it is possible to clear the civil service examinations. You have to prepare well to clear the examinations. It is one of the toughest examinations in India, so you can use the coaching classes available for this purpose.
18th April 2017, 02:32 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS examination after diploma in mechanical engineering? Is it possible to clear the exam?

No, diploma holders or those who are pursuing diploma in any stream are not eligible to write the IPS (Indian Police service) exam which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Those candidates who have successfully completed his/her graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible to write the IPS exam. The age of the candidates should be in between 21 years to 30 years.
18th April 2017, 09:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for IPS examination after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. To be eligible to apply for IPS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognized university. Since, you have not pursued graduation course, I suggest you to pursue Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university to be eligible to appear in IPS examination.
18th April 2017, 11:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma is not the required qualification for IPS officer exam. You need to have at least a degree in any discipline from a UGC recognized university.

Therefore, you have to at least study for 3 more years more to become eligible for UPSC civil services exam.
19th April 2017, 12:06 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that Diploma holders are not eligible to write IPS (Indian Police Service) examination conducted by the UPSC as the minimum requirement for the said examination is a Graduate.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the IPS entrance examination.
21st April 2017, 02:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for IPS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?