2nd April 2016, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I get lateral entry to study correspondence Journalism Degree course being a 3 years Polytechnic holder in Electronics & Communications?

Hi,
I have done my 3 years Polytechnic in Electronics & Communications after 12th. Now I am working in an MNC. I would like to enroll for a Journalism degree course through distance education. I have heard that those who have completed 12th and 3 years Diploma, can get a Lateral Entry to second year of the degree course. Is this applicable in my case?

Related Questions:
4th April 2016, 12:53 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get lateral entry to study correspondence Journalism Degree course being a 3 years Polytechnic holder in Electronics & Communications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have done my 3 years Polytechnic in Electronics & Communications after 12th. Now I am working in an MNC. I would like to enroll for a Journalism degree course through distance education. I have heard that those who have completed 12th and 3 years Diploma, can get a Lateral Entry to second year of the degree course. Is this applicable in my case?
You can study the B.A Journalism and Mass Communication course in Madurai Kamaraj University Directorate of Distance Education. But it is not possible to do the course through lateral entry mode. You have to study 3 years to complete the course. The eligibility to study the course for a diploma holder is passing 3 year diploma after 10th in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Textile, Fisheries, Commerce, Architecture Assistantship, Catering Technology etc. You can study the course in correspondence mode, but you have to study the all the years (3years). The pdf link is given for your reference, you can find all the details about the course
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ba_journalism and mass communication (1).pdf(331.0 KB, 14 views)
4th April 2016, 02:15 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get lateral entry to study correspondence Journalism Degree course being a 3 years Polytechnic holder in Electronics & Communications?

I am sorry to say you that you cannot get lateral entry in the second year of degree course. If you want to pursue the Journalism course then you must have to study all the three years as it is a three years degree course.
The eligibility criteria for a Diploma holder candidate to study the course is that the candidate must complete Diploma of 3 years after completing class 10th. So, you are eligible for the correspondence course but you have study all the three years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?