20th July 2016, 11:48 PM
KUNAL K YADAV

Can I study Diploma in Engineering if haven't studied Maths in 12th Science?

I have done my 12th with Science but haven't take Maths. Now, I want to do Diploma in Engineering course. Can I opt for Diploma course if have not taken Maths? Kindly let me know about this.

21st July 2016, 10:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Diploma in Engineering if haven't studied Maths in 12th Science?

No, you are not eligible to study Diploma in Engineering course if you have not studied Mathematics subject in your 12th standard. As you have passed 12th standard, you can get direct admission in second year of three years Diploma course. But, if you want to get admission in Diploma in Engineering course, you need to apply for admission to Diploma course on basis of 10th standard and you can get admission in first year of three years Diploma in Engineering course.
22nd July 2016, 12:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Diploma in Engineering if haven't studied Maths in 12th Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUNAL K YADAV View Post
I have done my 12th with Science but haven't take Maths. Now, I want to do Diploma in Engineering course. Can I opt for Diploma course if have not taken Maths? Kindly let me know about this.
Yes, you can study diploma in engineering because you have completed 10th standard.

Those candidates who have passed matriculation/10th with Mathematics, Physical Science & English from Central or State Board recognized by Govt are eligible for diploma admission.

Your age should be below 21 years old.
22nd July 2016, 05:10 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for Engineering is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized university under the scheme of 10+2 at least with Maths + Physics as subject combination.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the 12th.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for Engineering.

But since you have not studied maths in 12th, you are not supposed to be given admission in Engineering.
22nd July 2016, 06:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification for diploma in engineering is class 10th. For lateral entry in second year 12th with PCM stream is required. Hence, if you don't have maths then you will be eligible for first year admission through entrance exam.

Polytechnic entrance exam is there for you on the basis of class 10th. Admission will be on merit through entrance exam and counselling.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?