30th September 2016, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Is diploma course equivalent after completion of 10th to degree?

Is diploma course equivalent after completion of 10th to degree? What is the difference? Can someone please provide me the complete information soon as possible? I need to know the difference before I join. So, kindly provide me the details soon.

Thank you!

30th September 2016, 08:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma course equivalent after completion of 10th to degree?

No, the Diploma course after 10th is not equivalent to degree. The degree is the next level of studies which can be pursued after completion of your Diploma course. So, if you want to obtain degree certificate, you have to pursue any Bachelor's degree course like B.E/ B.Tech after completion of your Diploma course. Diploma holders are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years B.E/ B.Tech course through lateral entry admission.
30th September 2016, 08:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you should take admission in Diploma after completing 10th from any of the recignized university. And let me clear your doubt that it is equivalent to intermediate and have same value. You will be eligible to pursue Diploma after clearing entrance test only.
Some of the streams you should pursue are as under:-
Animation
Civil
Computer Science
Mechanical
Electrical
Aeronautical
30th September 2016, 11:05 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to clarify you that in general the term degree is used to refer Bachelor degree course.

Now as you have asked about whether diploma degree after Class 10th is equivalent to a degree course then the answer is no diploma degree is in no case equivalent to bachelor degree course but it is considered to be equivalent to a higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th passed degree.
30th September 2016, 11:19 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not diploma after 10th is not equivalent to degree. As degree is considered as 10+2+3 but diploma after 10th will only be 10+3.

So, it will be considered as equivalent to the 10+2. So, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination where the required minimum qualification is degree after diploma course.
30th September 2016, 11:57 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

No, a diploma is a diploma and a degree is degree.

They both are way too different from each other.

You are eligible for a degree when you complete the education in the scheme of 10+2 at least from a recognized board. Whereas you become eligible for the diploma when you complete your 10th standard only.

In this manner, a diploma is equivalent to 12th or intermediate only but not at all to a degree.

To be a graduate, you need to do a degree after the completion of the diploma from any university.
1st October 2016, 12:54 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No diploma course after Class 10th is not considered to be a degree even diploma degree after Class 12th is not taken to be equivalent to a diploma degree.

Since diploma degree is a degree equivalent to higher secondary degree hence after this you will be eligible for pursuing any degree course.
30th November 2019, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

I am Diploma holder in NTT after 10th .Can I get direct admission in B.A. showing my diploma.
Please suggest me as I want to continue my studies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?