12th April 2016, 03:17 AM
Unregistered

Should I join Diploma course to further study B.Tech if failed in 12th?

Dear Friends,
I have failed in 12th standard. Should I reappear in 12th or switch to Diploma course? I have heard that if I pass 12th and do Diploma to Degree in Automobile Engineering, there will be a total of 5 years and B.E. after 12th will result in 4 years course. So please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. How to study further after failing in 12th board exam? Shall I join any diploma courses?
  2. Can i join Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering after failing in 12th?
  3. Can I study further in Abroad if failed in 12th PCMB?
  4. Qualification required to study Diploma in Nautical Science for a candidate who has secured 75% in 10th but failed in 12th Mathematics? Total fee expenses of this course?
  5. How to join Diploma in Mechatronics course if I have failed in 12th?
  6. Can I join Diploma course having failed in 12th Class?
  7. Possibility to study B.Sc(Agriculture) for Agriculture Diploma holder who is failed in 12th PCM?
  8. Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Sc(Nursing) if completed 2 years Diploma in Nursing course and failed in 12th?
  9. Will it affect my career in future if I failed to appear 12th board exam and joined diploma?
  10. Can I study Diploma in Nursing on 10th basis if failed in 11th?
  11. How can I get admission to study Mechanical Engineering Diploma course if failed in 12th and completed DCA?
  12. Can 12th failed student join any college?
  13. Can I do Diploma in Fashion Design after 10th being failed in 12th?
  14. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  15. How can i apply for DME course through correspondence? I've completed B.A, ITI(welder) and Level 2 course (MT,PT,RT,UT)
  16. Can I study Diploma in Automobile Engineering on 10th basis if completed 12th Science with 47% marks?
  17. Should I join diploma course or reappear for 12th board exams after failing in Intermediate? Will I get admission on the basis of my 10th marksheet(52%)? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Will there be a problem in my career if I failed to appear in 12th board exam and joined diploma course?
13th April 2016, 08:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join Diploma course to further study B.Tech if failed in 12th?

Yes, the information what you have heard regarding the duration of Diploma and Degree course is correct. If you pursue B.E course after completion of your 12th standard, it takes 4 years to complete B.E course or if you pursue Diploma and B.Tech course after completion of 12th standard, it takes 5 years to complete both Diploma and B.E course. So, I suggest you to qualify your 12th standard board examinations by reappearing in Supplementary examinations, so, that you can directly pursue B.E course.
13th April 2016, 11:23 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join Diploma course to further study B.Tech if failed in 12th?

I would like to suggest you to re appear in class 12th and after completion of class 12th with minimum 50% of marks and 45% for reserved categories you can appear in Joint Entrance Examination Mains and Advanced to get admission in the Bachelor of Technology course in good institutes of our country. This course will be of 4 years. You can also join private Institute through management quota.
13th April 2016, 11:30 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need to join Diploma course for studying Diploma course if you have failed in 12th standard. You can qualify 12th standard examinations by appearing in supplementary examinations and you can take admission in B.Tech course. If you do Diploma course without appearing in 12th standard, extra two years of time will be wasted.
14th April 2016, 12:24 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You had heard the right information and now the best option for you is that you should go for re appearing in the 12th exams and try to score good marks this time. After completion of your 12th standard you should go for the B.E.. So in this way you will get bachelor degree in just 5 years(1 year in 12th class and 4 year in degree)
However if you go for the diploma now then you will get the diploma degree in three years(on the basis of matriculation) and after that you will have to spend three more years for bachelor degree. So here you are spending 6 years for the same degree.
14th April 2016, 12:49 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I have failed in 12th standard. Should I reappear in 12th or switch to Diploma course? I have heard that if I pass 12th and do Diploma to Degree in Automobile Engineering, there will be a total of 5 years and B.E. after 12th will result in 4 years course. So please guide me.
No, you should not join the Diploma course after failing in 12th standard to study B.Tech. Because again you have to study 2 years (lateral entry) for the diploma and then you have to join the B.Tech course. So it is always advisable to clear the failed 12th standard papers and then join the B.Tech course. This is the correct way to study the B.Tech course. Follow the correct way, finish 12th and then join B.Tech course.
14th April 2016, 08:58 PM
Quantum reply

Yes, you can apply for diploma course . If you have diploma degree then you can apply for jobs also. Through diploma you can get admission in the 2 year of b.tech.

After passing diploma you need to pass entrance exams conducted for admission in b tech. By passing these exams you will get the admission according to your rank in these entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?