27th October 2016, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Is three and two year diploma lateral entry course is equivalent? What is the difference between them?

Is three and two year diploma lateral entry course is equivalent? What is the difference between them? Which one is better to take? Can you please guide me on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon as possible on this. Thank you!

27th October 2016, 01:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is three and two year diploma lateral entry course is equivalent? What is the difference between them?

If you have got admission in 2nd year of diploma through lateral entry, then it is surely equivalent to a 3 years diploma course. Lateral entry admission is available for ITI or 10+2 PCM stream students and those who have just 10th qualification get admission in 1st year.

So, both are equivalent, if you have attended classes with same students who have done a 3 years diploma course.
27th October 2016, 02:56 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is three and two year diploma lateral entry course is equivalent? What is the difference between them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is three and two year diploma lateral entry course is equivalent? What is the difference between them? Which one is better to take? Can you please guide me on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon as possible on this. Thank you!

Yes, the three year and two year lateral entry diploma courses are valued equally. The three years diploma course will be studied by the candidates who have passed 10th standard (10+3). The two years lateral entry diploma course will be studied by the candidates who have passed Higher Secondary or Plus two (12th standard) or ITI certificate holders after 10th. So the 10+2 studied candidates are admitted directly to the second year of the diploma course (10+2+2). The syllabus and other things are same for the lateral entry students from 2nd year onwards. The main difference is the lateral entry course is studied by the candidates who have passed 10+2 and the three year diploma course is studied by the candidates after 10th Class.
27th October 2016, 09:39 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, both the above mentioned courses are equivalent after the completion of the said Diploma course.
It will be better to opt for the three years Diploma courses after the completion of class 10th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 10th from a recognised Board with a minimum of 45% of marks in it are eligible to opt for Diploma courses.
10th August 2018, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Are Three years Diploma holders or equivalent (lateral entry confidantes)can apply for the JE post published by the Govt.in different sections ?
5th September 2018, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

In some government post they mention 3 diploma. So my question is lateral entry students means 2year diploma students are eligible for that post or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?