10th July 2018, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for an Education Loan in IDBI Bank without guarantor?

I am interested to apply an education loan in IDBI Bank. But I would not be able to provide a guarantor. But my friends told me that guarantor is necessary for applying an education loan. So, I would like to know that I can apply an education loan in this bank without a guarantor?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for an Education Loanat Bank of Maharashtra without guarantor?
  2. Can I apply for an Education Loan in ICICI Bank without guarantor?
  3. Can I apply for Education Loan in Canara Bank without guarantor?
  4. How to get an education loan to study M.Tech in ECE from State Bank of Mysore?
  5. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What amount I will get in IDBI Education Loan to study PhD in Abroad? Interest rates schemes of IDBI Education Loan?
  7. How to get concession under Education Loan scheme of IDBI Bank?
  8. Eligibility to take an Education Loan against family property in IDBI Bank for BDS aspirant?
  9. Can my brother become a guarantor against an Education Loan if my father is unemployed?
  10. Is it possible to change the guarantor for educational loan once it is sanctioned?
  11. How to apply for an Education Loan in IDBI Bank for B.Tech(Biotechnology) course? Benefits of IDBI Bank Education Loan scheme?
  12. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  13. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  14. Penalties under Education Loan scheme of IDBI Bank?
  15. Who is Third Party Guarantor in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  16. Procedure to change guarantor for education loan? Eligibility criteria for it?
  17. Does IDBI Bank offers an Education Loan of Rs. 30 Lacs to study Abroad?
  18. Being a Bank Ex-Officer my father can become a guarantor against Education Loan?
12th July 2018, 05:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for an Education Loan in IDBI Bank without guarantor?

No, you can't apply for education at IDBI without any guarantor. You have to apply along with your parents or any blood relative.

Education loan is not a secure loan, hence guarantor is absolutely required.
13th July 2018, 12:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am interested to apply an education loan in IDBI Bank. But I would not be able to provide a guarantor. But my friends told me that guarantor is necessary for applying an education loan. So, I would like to know that I can apply an education loan in this bank without a guarantor?

Sorry, it is not possible to apply for an education loan in IDBI Bank without a guarantor. Your parent/s is/are to be joint borrower/s for the education loan in IDBI Bank. For an education loan of up to Rs 4 Lakhs – No Security. Parent/s to be joint borrower/s, for an education loan of above Rs 4 Lakhs and up to Rs 7.5 Lakhs – Third party Guarantee and Parent/s to be joint borrower/s and for an education loan of above Rs 7.5 Lakhs – Tangible collateral security, along with assignment of future income of the student for payment settlements. Parent/s is/are to be joint borrower/s.
15th July 2018, 06:56 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

There are three categories of education loan:

1. For loans below 4.5 lacs: No guarantor is needed.

2. For loans between 4.5 lacs and 7.5 lacs: guarantor is required.

3. For loans above 7.5 lacs: you need to provide a collateral.

So, you can get education loan without collateral upto 4.5 lacs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?